Synthesizer V 1.8.0 Now Released (Not a Deal)

ZincT

37 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I'm definitely buying Solaria and Asterian, but I'm struggling to figure out if I should get Natalie or Weina.

Weina is supposedly more advanced ("a culmination of arts and artificial intelligence") but I haven't been able to find any actual information about it. It's certainly more expensive (€87 vs €142) but if I get the bundle the price difference is smaller (€166 vs €202, prices include tax). Both voices sound good to me.

I'm also torn between Weina and Natalie. Weina is their first Gold standard bank which supports more tonal variety and vocal range. It is also  bilingual (English and Mandarin Chinese) although I will only be using English. Also, the experts seem to have been able to get more out of Weina by manual tweaking. I do like the tone of Natalie though and of course, it is quite a bit cheaper. Decisions, decisions!

Edited by ZincT

Ooh: this does look interesting... Could someone tell me please -

• Does this run off your own computer, or does it have to upload to the cloud to render?
  • Does it need an iLok or anything like that?
  • Do the voices ever go on sale (besides being bundled with the initial purchase)?

19 minutes ago, antler said:

Ooh: this does look interesting... Could someone tell me please -

• Does this run off your own computer, or does it have to upload to the cloud to render?
  • Does it need an iLok or anything like that?
  • Do the voices ever go on sale (besides being bundled with the initial purchase)?

It runs on your own computer. No need for upload to the cloud for rendering. You get both standalone and vsti plugin versions when you purchase Synthesizer V. 

No iLok or similar dongle is required. It uses a serial number registration. 

Not aware of any sales as yet apart from intro offers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

Another new demo here...

I think it's better again, but... I don't know.

Maybe I'm overly critical of this voice for some reason. No matter the song it just sounds like it doesn't quite fit there. I wonder how it would work in a slow jazz song?

As an aside, I have Solaria and Asterian in the shopping cart, but my finger is refusing to make the final click...

solaria-asterian-purchase.png.792481222ef0498d262c1832e517523c.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I think it's better again, but... I don't know.

Maybe I'm overly critical of this voice for some reason. No matter the song it just sounds like it doesn't quite fit there. I wonder how it would work in a slow jazz song?

As an aside, I have Solaria and Asterian in the shopping cart, but my finger is refusing to make the final click...

solaria-asterian-purchase.png.792481222ef0498d262c1832e517523c.png

Yeah, I'm also teetering, but for me, it would be $79.99 and I also want Natalie ($86.90 inc Tax). I would like to try the voicebank in a couple of songs that I have in mind, but the demo voicebank won't be released until the end of next year (according to Eclipsed Sounds on Twitter).   

Here's another Asterian demo (pretty good):  

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/synthesizer-v-vocaloid-haters-might-want-to-check-this.115973/post-5241207

Edited by ZincT

Also, @antler there's a Japanese site selling Synthesizer V and Kevin (unfortunately not Weina, Natalie or Eleanor Forte). 

Kevin is less than 50 USD on DLsite (with 20% off + new registration coupon -15% off) https://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ015171.html 

Synthesizer V Pro is also on sale (20% Off - less if you buy at the same time as Kevin). https://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ013608.html

They have other voicebanks but they are native Chinese/Japanese.

I haven't bought anything from them before so cannot vouch for them.

Note: the site header says 30% off when creating a new account so it might be even cheaper than reported above, but I haven't tried it as I already own SV and Kevin.

If anyone buys from them can they please post here what they paid?

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 9:59 AM, Bad Penguin said:

Very interested, but where is Dreamtonics based out of?

They appear to be charging a flat 10%  (sales?) tax, regardless of purchaser's location. Why do I wonder if they really are remitting this 10% surcharge to the proper taxing entities?

Yuppers, they never responded to my inquiry about this . . .

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ZincT said:

Also, @antler there's a Japanese site selling Synthesizer V and Kevin (unfortunately not Weina, Natalie or Eleanor Forte). 

Kevin is less than 50 USD on DLsite (with 20% off + new registration coupon -15% off) https://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ015171.html 

Synthesizer V Pro is also on sale (20% Off - less if you buy at the same time as Kevin). https://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ013608.html

They have other voicebanks but they are native Chinese/Japanese.

I haven't bought anything from them before so cannot vouch for them.

Note: the site header says 30% off when creating a new account so it might be even cheaper than reported above, but I haven't tried it as I already own SV and Kevin.

If anyone buys from them can they please post here what they paid?

Ok. It took several attempts but I managed to buy Synthesizer V Pro, Kevin AI and Saki AI for a total of 16878 yens or about $125. The voicebanks were 5420 yens each (about $40) and Synth V 6037 yens ($45). So significantly cheaper than elsewhere and no tax was added.

When you register an account you have the option to get the 30% discount coupon, ie. they don't give it to you automatically. They have instructions how to get it.

The problem I had was that for some reason the first credit card I tried wasn't accepted and my browser's security settings complicated the CC verification process (3rd party scripts are disabled by default). They say that some credit cards issued outside of Japan may not be accepted and PayPal is not a payment option, but luckily I have multiple CCs. It's also possible that the first one failed because of some other error.

Anyhow, I'm now downloading the files and we'll see soon if there are any nasty surprises waiting for me. :)

Edit: Everything works great. The only bump was that the versions DLSite offers are old, so the first thing I needed to do was to update Synth V and both Saki's voicebank. But otherwise things are looking good. :)

Edited by pseudopop
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Ok. It took several attempts but I managed to buy Synthesizer V Pro, Kevin AI and Saki AI for a total of 16878 Yens or about $125. The voicebanks were 5420 Yens each (about $40) and Synth V 6037 Yens ($45). So significantly cheaper than elsewhere and no tax was added.

When you register an account you have an option to get the 30% discount coupon, ie. they don't give it to you automatically. They have instructions how to get it.

The problem I had was that for some reason the first credit card I tried wasn't accepted and my browser's security settings complicated the CC verification process (3rd party scripts are disabled by default). They say that some credit cards issued outside of Japan may not be accepted and PayPal is not a payment option, but luckily I have multiple CCs. It's also possible that the first one failed because of some other error.

Anyhow, I'm now downloading the files and we'll see soon if there are any nasty surprises waiting for me. :)

Edit: Everything works great. The only bump is that the versions DLSite offers are old, so the first thing I needed to do was to update Synth V and both voicebanks. But otherwise things are looking good. :)

Bargain prices! Thanks for the update and detailed procedure pseudopop 👍🏻 

I'm just hoping that Weina and some of the other English VBs appear there before they end the sale. 

Synth V normally updates itself and its voicebanks from within its own UI, so that's pretty normal.

Edited by ZincT

30 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Bargain prices! Thanks for the update and detailed procedure pseudopop 👍🏻 

I'm just hoping that Weina and some of the other English VBs appear there before they end the sale. 

Synth V normally updates itself and its voicebanks from within its own UI, so that's pretty normal.

I almost made it all the way, but my CC was declined at the very last step.  Oh well...

image.thumb.png.51046c5d9b09e41e2a78f3e0c560924f.png

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

I suspect that they won't. Looking at the list the VBs appear to be either older or produced by some other company than Dreamtonics. Kevin and Ryo are the exceptions, released in February this year. I think the only English VB there besides Kevin is Tsurumaki Maki (produced by AH-Software). But let's hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, locrian said:

I almost made it all the way, but my CC was declined at the very last step.  Oh well...

Sorry to hear that. :(I tried two Mastercards. The first one was declined but the other one, issued by another bank, was accepted. So I'm not 100% sure what is the determining factor.

If you're desperate, they offer an alternative method of payment:

If you continue to encounter trouble making purchases on DLsite via conventional methods such as credit card payment, there is an external service called "DLPay" for purchasing serial codes which can then be converted to DLsite points. It is possible to utilize PayPal via that website.

See this page for more information. I have no idea how it works but I'd imagine there is an additional fee involved.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I suspect that they won't. Looking at the list the VBs appear to be either older or produced by some other company than Dreamtonics. Kevin and Ryo are the exceptions, released in February this year. I think the only English VB there besides Kevin is Tsurumaki Maki (produced by AH-Software). But let's hope I'm wrong.

Sorry to hear that. :(I tried two Mastercards. The first one was declined but the other one, issued by another bank, was accepted. So I'm not 100% sure what is the determining factor.

If you're desperate, they offer an alternative method of payment:

See this page for more information. I have no idea how it works but I'd imagine there is an additional fee involved.

Thanks.  I saw those options but decided against the extra effort/risk.  Cheers...

Ok, think I got it to work at DLsite. Was initially declined. My bank's fraud dept sent an automated message. I indicated that I did authorize the (declined) charge. Decided to try again because, what the hay. Very (pleasantly) surprised that the charge was then accepted! 🙂

Think about $85 for Studio Pro + Kevin !!!

Downloaded (zip files), but have not yet tried to install.

@pseudopop I see that there are 3 (?!) serial numbers for each Studio Pro and Kevin? Any other install tips?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

@pseudopop I see that there are 3 (?!) serial numbers for each Studio Pro and Kevin? Any other install tips?

The first serial is the one to use. I have no idea what the other two are. :D

I'm on Windows, so for Synthesizer V I unzipped the file and ran the "svstudio-pro-setup .exe" that is inside the "Windows\Synthesizer V\Studio Pro" folder.

After that I updated Synth V to the latest version, which you can do by running Synth V and clicking the cloud icon on the right. Then click "Check for Updates" button, then click Synthesizer V Studio on the list and then "Update" button at the bottom.

Voicebanks are installed just by dragging them on the Synth V window.

Edited by pseudopop
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!

When it updates to 1.8.0b1 do we get a free voice bank, AI Mai?  Or is that only for those who purchase directly from Dreamtonics?

Is it possible to store the Voicebanks on an external (ssd) drive, or does it all go to c : \

Edited by Bad Penguin