Error 106 nag screen on startup

Hi

I cleared my list of drum maps in app data / cakewalk (etc) to just two, now I get the following nag screen on startup and close of Sonar:

"Failed to load URL http://www.cakealk.com/Start/Sonar with error (-106) The internet connection has been lost."

I have always had my network card disabled. Never any problem until now.

I re-enabled it to see what would happen and now the bandlab assistant opens, prompting me to down load Sonar for free.. as if it's not already nicely installed and setup.

Can I get rid of this nag screen? The program works just fine - seemingly!

BR

What version of Cakewalk by Bandlab are you running?  It may be your version is an older version.  Updates are issued on a random basis. 

Did you install it in the default locations?

Have you tried login out of Bandlab assistant (BA), closing BA, restarting BA and login in again? 

Nope, didn't work, sadly

Cakewalk started going crazy too. Started scanning for vst's - on exit!

Then the Banlab assistant log-in window was just a white box

This all happened after I deleted dozens of drum maps. Why did I do that? I only use MT Drums and only need one map.

MT even recommend moving all the ones you don't need.

So now I've unistalled BLCW from my DAW and am trying to reload it from their website. It's not getting far with this either

"Downloading....(0/2)" after 10 mins.

Much swearing going on here just now. All my apps and OS are legit, btw.

GDI.. Fresh install, a huge amount of messing about with trying to login, an eternity installing..

Guess what.. Man..

Think I'm going back to good old X2.

Or maybe CWPA 6 for THE SCREAM and the online tips "Beer goes great with pizza!" Anyone remember that?! Boy, they got panned by the POWER USERS!

Well, that's a shame, but this online shenanigans is too much bother.