IK Multimedia: Total Studio 3.5 MAX ($199.99 @ JRRShop | RRP $999.99)

MusicMan

10 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

Forget about Black Friday. For someone just starting out, this is the best value package on the market. For many/most people, it won't even be close. 

Pretty amazing deal.... I scored big in the Group Buys so have pretty much everything, but if I was starting out I'd be all over this one.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fitzroy said:
3 hours ago, pseudopop said:

My plan is to not buy anything from IK until Total Studio MAX 4 or 5, and then wait for this kind of price point. Unless IK introduces a pricing model where your TS upgrade price is based on what you already own.

They already have one. They just prefer to call it a group buy, for some reason. 

All the group buys I have participated in or seen do not reduce costs based on what consumers previously paid for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MusicMan said:

IK Multimedia: Total Studio 3.5 MAX ($199.99 @ JRRShop | RRP $999.99)

Check to see if they have the $99 upgrade price for those who have an IK Max product.  

IK has this:   Total Studio 3.5 MAX (MAXgrade from any MAX product$/€199.99 $/€99.99

Edited by User 905133
to add a clarification

5 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

A lotta new SampleTank libraries are up now.   They are getting going on having new stuff to put in Total Studio MAX 4!

Any thoughts on whether there might be more of a discount for "owners" of TS  MAX 3.5 as compared with TS MAX 2 when TS MAX 4 comes out? 

5 hours ago, fitzroy said:

Forget about Black Friday. For someone just starting out, this is the best value package on the market. For many/most people, it won't even be close. 

This. I easily spent over a thousand for what I could get with this package.

• Like 1

Just downloading and installing Sntronik 2 stuff from their last group buy was a nightmare like I've never experienced before , they haven't even fixed their Syner-v installation bug, their installation management and knowing that there is a limit on the download of 180 days , makes me really not likely to get anything else from them especially such a big installation like 3.5 max 

• Like 1

Tough one. Have a lot from the Group Buys, but really want Modo Drum 1.5 (have 1.0), Modo Bass 2.0 (have 1), and those updates aren't included. But might be worth it for quite a few of those T-Racks plugins (especially the reverbs) and to finish off Amplitube collection (missing 2 collections) and 2 missing X-Pedals. The instruments is where I'm not sure - never liked IK virtual instruments.

Can get Total Max 3.5 for 69.99 with Jam Points, and I guess could sell everything I've bought individually. Hmm.  Curious if Total Max 4 will have a similar upgrade price next year and should just wait for Modo Drum / Modo Bass updates to be added. Hmm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Check to see if they have the $99 upgrade price for those who have an IK Max product.  

IK has this:   Total Studio 3.5 MAX (MAXgrade from any MAX product$/€199.99 $/€99.99

Interesting. I don't have any Max products but I'm also getting the $99 price. But I also own a ton of products / Amplitube collections from all the group buys + the original Modo series, so there must be a threshold where you own enough to qualify.

12 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Curious if Total Max 4 will have a similar upgrade price next year and should just wait for Modo Drum / Modo Bass updates to be added. Hmm.

If that's all that you are really interested in, best to wait to see if they are included in TS 4 MAX. That's what I'm doing, as I already have everything in TS 3.5 MAX except for the latest MODOs, and Sampletron.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abacab said:

> Don't plan on selling any IK licenses. There is a $19.99 transfer credit required for each license, so it hardly makes it worthwhile... https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=44

> If that's all that you are really interested in, best to wait to see if they are included in TS 4 MAX. That's what I'm doing, as I already have everything in TS 3.5 MAX except for the latest MODOs, and Sampletron.

Very good points. Those new reverbs are very interesting as well but will wait for 4.

3 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Very good points. Those new reverbs are very interesting as well but will wait for 4.

If you are referring to Sunset Sound and Fame, I forgot to mention that I still do lack Fame. Sunset Sound is very cool, and Fame would be another nice addition!