Tuvan Throat Singers

bjornpdx

Tuvan Throat Singers

Omnisphere has several patches featuring Tuvan throat singers which I used in this song in addition to a couple of Zebra vst presets.
The Tuvan are nomadic people who live in Mongolia and Siberia.

Tuvan throat singers have the ability to sing multiple notes at the same time. By manipulating the resonance of their vocal tract they can produce loud overtones that they form into actual melodies over a drone with their vocal cords. Might sound a little strange at first but you'll get into it.

Thanks for listening/commenting.

-Bjorn

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Amazing  .. really not sure what I'm listening to ( arpeggios to one side )  ... multiple tracks or as you note ' the ability to sing multiple notes at the same time '  .. yikes!   Thanks for the post I never knew singing was such a beautiful and weird thing .... :/

ATB

Steve

Bjorn , I have always been intrigued by throat singing and how it's done. It seems very easy for several bird species , especially cow birds , and it seems like the sound created by a good didgeridoo player.  Most of the examples I've heard have been pitched real low with a phased drone sound. I've never heard it pitched up like in the samples you've presented. Now I'm even more intrigued , if it is possible in that register.  I enjoyed the song , pretty experimental ..     mark     

Steve, kind of weird sound at first but it certainly has a beauty of its own.

Jesse, pretty cool description of your contemplative moment.  Side note:  you mentioned in another post the movie Carnival of Souls.  Despite the cheap production and bad acting, that movie is one of  the creepiest I've ever seen.

Mark, I knew that the singing is usually done in a lower pitch but I took the liberty of raising it since it just sounded better to me  with the synth accompaniment.

I have often wondered how they did this type of singing.  This is one of the most different song that i have heard and one of the most interesting.  It is weird but you have compiled it all in to a piece that is actually quite beautiful !  Excellent work pal!!

• Thanks 1