[SOLVED]Cakwalk crashing just a second after opening my project + How do I use the safe mode?

brb

Question

I have a problem with my existing project files as they are closed immediately after opening them.

Indeed, I found out that the VST3 version of Iota Mini was causing this problem, so I excluded it and installed the VST2 version instead. So for now, the new projects using the VST2 is working well. However, my older projects with the VST3 version still don't want to open.

I got an advice to open those problematic projects in safe mode by holding the shift key while opening them. But this only gave one pop-up (the attatched image) and everything else was exactly the same as opening them in normal mode, so this did not work. Does anybody know how to launch the projects in safe mode other than using the shift keys?

Also, if there is any other solution on how to open those files without crashing, please let me know.

0003.png

Edited by brb

2 answers to this question

The message indicates you are starting CbB with the SHIFT key held down invoking partial personalization.

For safe-mode hold down the SHIFT key while OPENing a project.

IOW...

SHIFT while starting CbB = partial personalization

SHIFT while opening a project = safe-mode.

Alternately, physically moving the offending VST3 out of the scan path should allow the projects to open with a missing plug-in message.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, scook said:

The message indicates you are starting CbB with the SHIFT key held down invoking partial personalization.

For safe-mode hold down the SHIFT key while OPENing a project.

IOW...

SHIFT while starting CbB = partial personalization

SHIFT while opening a project = safe-mode.

Alternately, physically moving the offending VST3 out of the scan path should allow the projects to open with a missing plug-in message.

Thank you for your reply. I successfully opened the project in safe mode and replaced the Iota Mini VST3 to VST2 version.

Now it is working fine. Thank you for your help!

p.s. I will try the alternative solution too.