New update - missing audio clips

HOOK

@Noel Borthwick  Last night I loaded up that EA version and did your test.  Then I worked on this song.  Tonight, the new release installed...and now there are no audio clips showing in the clips pane.  All audio files are still in the same folder they were in last night.

I opened two other projects that I didn't wortk on last night and they are opening and working.

This is why I hate unnecessary updates.  What do I do now?

image.thumb.png.382d625f77902adab778471e3715536f.png

I just opened every project I've worked on since March and they all load up and play fine.  But not this one from last night.  In fact, I just opened it again and it showed the wave forms this time.  But as soon as I pushed play, they all disappeared.

So file it under WTF.  Seems that when I open another project first, this one finally shows the clips.  But when I push play, they disappear.

Then, the next time I got the waveforms to show, I clicked in the clips pane first and it played fine.  Closed it and tried again...no waveforms.

So I opened another project again so this one would show the waveforms once again.  It played again when I clicked in the clips pane first.  So, this time, I decided to save the project to see if that would fix the problem.  And currently, I've been able to close Cakewalk, relaunch and open this project 3 times with it acting as it should.

Solved....I hope.

13 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Clear Picture Cache?

This is typical behavior when picture cache needs cleared?  Thanks.

Obviously, something got wonky when I installed the EA version the day before I installed the official release.  I've been working on this song since 10/29/22 and I had no issues until these back-to-back updates.  And the only project with this problem was the only one that got opened and worked on in that 24 hours.

Hook you can’t always rely on cause/effect reasoning to indicate the root problem. Many times its coincidental.
This is not necessarily your scenario, but whenever we release an update there is flood of reports about somewhat random issues and most end up being environmental or completely unrelated. Often its because users are focusing on the update and notice things they didn’t before.
Or installing the update led to some subtle change in the system (disk space/new redist files, etc) that triggered some different behavior.

14 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Nothing to do with this update. 

I've seen clips not display when the audio driver is not connected.

Hello. Do we already have a topic to comment on the production version 2022.11?
I ask why I installed it and I am encountering some problems.

Yesterday I created a new project with the EA version and it was saved with the same version.

Now, when trying to open it again with version 2022.11, it's just been more than 5 minutes trying to open it and it won't open.

Edited by Milton Sica

6 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Hello. Do we already have a topic to comment on the production version 2022.11?
I ask why I installed it and I am encountering some problems.

Yesterday I created a new project with the EA version and it was saved with the same version.

Now, when trying to open it again with version 2022.11, it's just been more than 5 minutes trying to open it and it won't open.

Hi Milton,

First off, the official 2022.11 feedback thread is here:

If you re-run the Early Access installer, does the project still hang on open? 

• Like 1