Affinity V2 launch - 40% discounts

Brian Walton

2 hours ago, TerraSin said:

Funnily enough, Affinity comes with Pantone colours. Photoshop just lost them because of a pissing match going on between Adobe and Pantone and Pantone is now charging a monthly subscription for them to be in Photoshop. This is a really good video about what is going on. This is really going to help Serif get more companies who do professional product design moving their way.

Disclosure, despite the clickbait topic, he's not suggesting piracy.

I'm not sure Affinity couldn't end up with the same issue potentially.

At one point they had the rather genius move to add easy access to 3 stock image providers.  Well we only have 2 in Affinity today becuase one got greedy and decided to charge for the API which Affinity had no intention of doing and suddently it disapeared in an "update"

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I'm not sure Affinity couldn't end up with the same issue potentially.

At one point they had the rather genius move to add easy access to 3 stock image providers.  Well we only have 2 in Affinity today becuase one got greedy and decided to charge for the API which Affinity had no intention of doing and suddently it disapeared in an "update"

It's certainly possible. I think Affinity would need to have much more of a market share for them to consider it though. This whole thing started because Adobe didn't want to pay a license fee any longer. For now though, it can certainly work to Serif's benefit.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Thats what i mean. The fact they are extending the BF deal to end of January probably means not as many people biting as they would like

Maybe, but I'm seeing that (BF deals continuing through Dec) all over the place.
If I am going to upgrade I'll need a better deal.  Not that it isn't a good product, I just didn't use v1 enough to justify upgrading it unless it's a smoking deal.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Maybe, but I'm seeing that (BF deals continuing through Dec) all over the place.
If I am going to upgrade I'll need a better deal.  Not that it isn't a good product, I just didn't use v1 enough to justify upgrading it unless it's a smoking deal.

Yip I am same. I can get what I need done no problem with V1, and the way things are economically now i dont have $99 to just pony up nor see the reason to right now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Thats what i mean. The fact they are extending the BF deal to end of January probably means not as many people biting as they would like

Maybe, but they also kept extending the pandemic 50% off sales becuase the feedback and sales were overwhelming.  

Just now, Brian Walton said:

I'm quite aware as I started the thread and commented about the pricing. But I don't think a sale extension on this is unexpected at all.  

Ah, sorry. I forgot it was you.

Still, my suspicion is that the sales are not what they were expecting and that's why they're extending it. There were lots of annoyed posts about the pricing on Affinity forums back then.

48 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Ah, sorry. I forgot it was you.

Still, my suspicion is that the sales are not what they were expecting and that's why they're extending it. There were lots of annoyed posts about the pricing on Affinity forums back then.

You can see my posts here where I'm annoyed too.  But I also caved in as I use the program every single week and just hope we get a number of years of updates before another shakedown.

It could also be that they chose to use the msix installer - which many Windows users (myself included) cannot use.

On the Affinity forums, Affinity have indicated that they will include traditional MSI installers at some time in the future - but they did not give a time frame at the time.

I actually purchased version 2 of Affinity Photo 2 but asked for (and got) a refund because I can not use msix installers.