Acqua Coral 2+ Free Smile Baxter

Hidden Symmetry

Yes, getting to know the ins & outs of AA plugins, their operations, website can be convoluted & similar to learning a new daw. I've been using them for many years now so I know what to expect &/or avoid.

If you think the CPU is high now you should've have used them when they first started out! (No Aquas at the time either, all N4 which means separate instances need to be loaded for each band of eq...)

BTW Navy will be updated to Core 13 soon ( think it's Core 7 currently) If you purchase now you'll get all updates for free. As with previous updates they will likely rollout new additional modules; new entire Channel Strip, Preamp, comp..It's a great buy at 70% off if you plan on purchasing & using them.

46 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Heavy cpu consumers but nice plugs. I demoed and took Navy which is giving different flavor than other Nevish variations I had. Like it :)

But... their web pages are total mess. How many 'more' I need to click to get to the point? And if going to their 'marketplace' where all price are shown no way to read about plugins... Eh...

Aquarius is also messy thing. It seems not even fully aware if plugin is already installed.

And another company assuming we are idiots and as idiots we all have pro tools and Cubase or we are not able to know if we have them ... Factory defined paths to check which cannot be modified. User

It is like with music. The most important thing is performance - sure - but... If tune has some cracks and pops it is annoying very much and could  spoil whole impression... Like here that manufacturer is trying to do everything right to give us top quality at any element... Not just produce great sounding plugins so whatever about anything else... Especially it is easy to create good organized pages and plugin installer. I don't get it why so many manufacturers are so careless about installers or plugin managers.

I stopped considering anything from McDSP after noticing it every time is thrashing my disk with that kind of mindless installation everything everywhere.

Or maybe users which don't own Cubase or ProTools should have a process in background which is deleting all that created .../Steinberg/... paths and deleting AAX things.. So annoying... Probably I need to write a dead metal song about it to get rid of frustration... With chorus 'don't trash my disk, I will need it'.

But you can change paths in settings in Aquarius?

about the website, yes agree with you and there have been many complaints. Great plugins though and that’s what counts. Good buy with Navy as apparently there’s a big update to it in a couple of weeks

Edited by tom

2 hours ago, tom said:

But you can change paths in settings in Aquarius?

Not quite in real.

Removing c:\program files (x86)\Steinberg/Vstplugin and pressing save do nothing as it is re-added automatically again. Factory defined cannot be changed at all (so it scans all those paths).

I tricked it a little settings N4 repo, AAX preset path and x86 (which is turned off so no reason even to display it grayed)  to RAM disk, so after reboot it is discarded if used but well... 

Maybe I should link such all hardcoded paths to RAMdrive not to be forced clean them again and again after work of different installers...  I would prefer plugins provided as just compressed vst in zip files. I would need manually uncompress  it to selected dir and that's it, no cleaning after so time saved ;)

To be fair while aquarius is messy and not great about showing status of installed/not installed plugins it is not so bad comparing to some programs which are not asking about anything, not allowing to set anything, just putting everything everywhere...

2 hours ago, tom said:

about the website, yes agree with you and there have been many complaints.

Happy to hear I ma not the only grouch :)

2 hours ago, tom said:

Great plugins though and that’s what counts.

True. But otherwise I wouldn't buy it. I don't like annoying things as all those little things sum up to big time waste and frustration. I have massive amount of plugins so you could imagine.

2 hours ago, tom said:

Good buy with Navy as apparently there’s a big update to it in a couple of weeks

Thank you for info about coming update. Nice to know :)

Who knows maybe they will be inspired when improving their code and also include remake for aquarius to adjust to user's environment, not adjust user's environment to aquarius...