IK Black Friday Primer - Amplitude Max

cclarry

Good product. Great price for it. I use it every day.

But I feel like I shot myself in the foot a times. I kept buying bits and parts of AT5 in group buys over the years. So now I have about 99% of AT5 but am missing a couple of items here and there so I have to be careful not to click the amps or mics I don't own. And I am not eligible for a upgrade pricing for anything. Oh well. Live and learn. But I have no regrets. I have 90% of SampleTank and all of TRacks which are both great tools for what I do.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

Good product. Great price for it. I use it every day.

But I feel like I shot myself in the foot a time. I kept buying bits and parts of AT5 in group buys over the years. So now I have about 99% of AT5 but am missing a couple of items here and there so I have to be careful not to click the amps or mics I don't own. And I am not eligible for a upgrade pricing for anything. Oh well. Live and learn. But I have no regrets. I have 90% of SampleTank and all of TRacks which are both great tools for what I do.

What items from MAX don't you have (and in general)?  Trying to see what people tend to not have and how much of it etc.  If you'd indulge me, of course, if not I understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magic Russ said:

MAX does not contain XGear or Mesa/Boogie 2.

I don't own it so I can't confirm but are you sure this isn't included now?  Seems like those things are now on the gear list:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-max#thegear

I bascially got eveyrthing other than the Boogie 2 since that came out after the crazy group buy stuff.

20 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I don't own it so I can't confirm but are you sure this isn't included now?  Seems like those things are now on the gear list:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-max#thegear

I bascially got eveyrthing other than the Boogie 2 since that came out after the crazy group buy stuff.

The definitive list is in the following file linked from the above page:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/at5/gear_list_pdf/AmpliTube_5_comparison.pdf

It doesn't include X-GEAR and MB2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ALC said:

The definitive list is in the following file linked from the above page:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/at5/gear_list_pdf/AmpliTube_5_comparison.pdf

It doesn't include X-GEAR and MB2.

This is one of the things that can cause consumer confusion.  I just looked. I did not see the virtual X-Gear (software products) on this comparison chart.  I did not see them in the linked "Gear included in AmpliTube 5 MAX" PDF ("Document Version: 5.0.3 Latest Update: 2021/05/03".)

Yet, I saw them on one of the web pages.

My recollection is that they were added into an AT5 Software Update so people could purchase them on an a la carte basis, they were included in some promotions, sales, etc., and they were included in a Total Studio MAX bundle--either 3 or 3.5, I forget which.

If my memory is correct, they are not part of the AT5 Max product.  (Feel free to correct my memory.)  Also, It wouldn't hurt to contact support as part of a pre-purchase decision.

If you look at the list of what's included in Total Studio 3.5 MAX, there's this:

AmpliTube 5 MAX

AmpliTube 5 MAX delivers 129 new pieces of gear for a total of over 400 ultra-realistic models, plus a re-imagined cabinet section with completely re-captured cabinets and improved power amp/speaker cab interaction. You’ll get 14 artist and brand collections, including new ones like AmpliTube Brian May, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, Dimebag Darrell CFH and AmpliTube Leslie, plus we’re adding all 4 new virtual X-GEAR pedals. [emphasis added]

From the layout, consumers might infer that the new pedals were added to AmpliTube 5 MAX, but (and I could be wrong) it is more likely that the "all new virtual X-GEAR pedals" were added to the Total Studio 3.5 MAX bundle, not AT5 MAX.  If I am right, they could have said, " . . . plus as part of this TOTAL STUDIO bundle we're adding . . . ."

Caveat Emptor!!!!! 

From what I can see, MB2 was added after Total Studio 3.5 MAX came out, was not included in Total Studio 3.5 MAX, was never part of AT5 MAX, and is not part of the current sale.

As I have said before,  Peter does what he can on behalf of consumers. I don't think he or IK is intending to deceive consumers.  Hope this helps.

PS: I just checked the Custom Shop program. Under AmpliTube 5 MAX - Amplitube 5 MAX Collection, the individual virtual X-Gear products are not there (either as owned or available as a la carte purchases). However, they are listed under Stomp > ALL. 

To me this is further evidence that they are available for purchase individually but are not included in AT5 MAX.  

Edited by User 905133
(2) fixed punctuation/syntax error; (1) to add info based on IK's Custom Shop program
  • Like 1

I believe this is what is included in Max.

AmpliTube 5 MAX
Go all-in. 420 gear models, including:
• Fender® Collection 1 & 2
• AmpliTube SVX 1 & 2
• AmpliTube Orange®
• AmpliTube Mesa/Boogie®
• Fulltone® Collection
• Amplitube Leslie®
• AmpliTube Slash
• AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™
• AmpliTube Brian May
• Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection
• AmpliTube Joe Satriani

Source: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/at5/gear_list_pdf/AmpliTube_5_comparison.pdf

Edited by telecode 101

Right, AmpliTube 5 MAX includes what was available when it was released.  The gear page is all gear available either in collections or a la carte.  The specific lists for gear in each version are available (as we see linked above) too.

On the "Gear" page linked above, you can see this there:

All available gear from the AmpliTube locker can be seen below.

Please note there are several versions of AmpliTube 5 with different gear included.

Use the comparison charts below to see which version is right for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Right, AmpliTube 5 MAX includes what was available when it was released.  The gear page is all gear available either in collections or a la carte.  The specific lists for gear in each version are available (as we see linked above) too.

On the "Gear" page linked above, you can see this there:

The team should really re-consider moving those amps and effects to a different page if they are not included in ANY of the tiers yet there are images of them on the product page for those tiers.  Basically remove them from the page with a hyper link to Ala Cart availble models also or even a sub section.  

Or that top section should say even MAX doesn't include everything.  Most people understand the idea of tiers mentioned but the inherent implication that the highest tier should include what is pictured seems obvious.  

20 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Or that top section should say even MAX doesn't include everything.  Most people understand the idea of tiers mentioned but the inherent implication that the highest tier should include what is pictured seems obvious.  

That's what the top does say, I quoted where it says that is all gear available and each version has a different set of gear (this is right above the gear list/filters)

8 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

What items from MAX don't you have (and in general)?  Trying to see what people tend to not have and how much of it etc.  If you'd indulge me, of course, if not I understand.

in my case.  the tube vm and bottle 563 mics. and maz 18, bi-valve,  JCA  and z-wreck amps.