addictive drums

The plug-ins bundled with CbB are detailed here.

Platinum bundled a lot more content including a license for the full retail version of Addictive Drums 2.

To access all of the software included with Platinum, consider installing Platinum.

That said, XLN Audio (Addictive Drums 2) and Celemony (Melodyne) have their own installers.

The Addictive Drums 2 installation instructions are here.

Use the Melodyne installer in your account on the Celemony site and not the one in your Cakewalk account.

If Platinum and AD2 are already installed and AD2 shows up in Platinum but not in CbB, it is likey an issue with the VST scan path.

To get all plug-ins listed in the CbB documentation requires running the CbB installer and the Installers listed on the "Install Add-ons..." menu in BandLab Assistant

242xmEe.png

Platinum owner's should not use the Melodyne installer in CbB Add-ons. Instead use the Melodyne installer in your Celemony account.

To have access to all the Platinum content, Platinum owner's should install Platinum preferably before CbB.

12 hours ago, Frank DeFede said:

Thank You, would I have all of those listed by just installing Bandlad?

No.

XLN Addictive Drums is a separate online installer that you must install with the XLN online installer from your XLN account. Login here: https://www.xlnaudio.com/

It was always that way with Sonar, and still is. If you ever registered your Sonar bundled XLN products at XLN Audio, your account should be good to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information!  I believe I downloaded and installed this about a week ago, I just now went to use it and found it under insert drums.  I also found Addictive Keys under soft Synth.  Is Addictive drums better than session drummer?  And is Addictive Keys better than Cakewalk TTS1?

I have several songs to record.  I am trying to set up a usable template with everything I need.  I am having a lot of problems with Cakewalk TTS1.  I'd like to use different sounds on different tracks, but can't figure out how to route it correctly.  If I record a piano let's say on midi channel 1, and then try strings on Channel 2 it changes the sound of the piano to strings.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

Yes in the track pane.  Sorry I feel like an idiot.  I have been trying to watch youtube videos to learn.  I just recorded a midi piano midi channel one.  it worked.  But, now I'd like to try some strings.  Looks like I now have to add a new midi track and set it for midi channel two right?

So duplicated a midi track, and I got strings to come through channel 2, but as I play the string it is layered with the piano sound.  I saw something about turning of echo in one of the videos, but I don't see echo in band lad version.

Thanks

Edited by Frank DeFede

3 hours ago, Frank DeFede said:

Thanks for the information!  I believe I downloaded and installed this about a week ago, I just now went to use it and found it under insert drums.  I also found Addictive Keys under soft Synth.  Is Addictive drums better than session drummer?  And is Addictive Keys better than Cakewalk TTS1?

Yes, in my opinion Addictive Drums 2 is better the Session Drummer. Cakewalk added AD2 to Sonar as their premium bundled drum plugin.  Plus you can buy new kits and patterns at the XLN website. Cakewalk also provided an AD2 drum map and track template for Sonar, which is very useful for setting up a song template. It still works in CbB, and you can find it here :http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013364/Setting-up-a-Drum-Map-for-Addictive-Drums-2-in-SONAR

Session Drummer is useful for some things as you can drag your own samples directly onto the kit pieces in the UI and trigger them. But I still think the drum kits and samples are much more realistic and configurable in AD2.

Addictive Keys is just pianos, but is more realistic sounding than the pianos in TTS-1.

TTS-1 is very useful for setting up tracks or track templates for a song, but you will probably want to replace certain TTS-1 sounds in your song at some point. That can easily be done with the piano for example, by inserting an instance of Addictive Keys in your project, and then re-routing the MIDI track you had assigned to the TTS-1 piano sound over to the Addictive Keys.

The same thing goes for any other TTS-1 instrument sound you may later wish to swap out later. Some TTS-1 sounds may work fine in the mix, but often some lead sounds tend to stand out as not as good as many new sampled instruments.

TTS-1 is especially useful when you are opening a multi-track GM song file in Cakewalk, as it can automatically assign the instruments in the GM song file to individual parts in one instance of TTS-1. There are not many other DAW/plugin combinations that can easily do that.

Edited by abacab

Thank you for the detailed instructions.  It is pretty far over my head, but I know I can figure it out.  The track template sound most useful.  I have a lot of songs to work on.  I start to play around with it.

Thank you again!

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:23 PM, randyman said: