Is there a new limit to upload file sizes?

Notes_Norton

56 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

I tried to upload a lame music cartoon, 134k size.

I got a message saying You are only allowed to upload 10.24kB.

The drop box says Max total size 0.01MB

I believe I've dragged and dropped bigger files here before.

Is this new?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Notes ♫

The limit hasn't changed, but everything you've ever uploaded counts towards the total.  'Tis why I always link to things I've uploaded to one of my websites (or something I find on the Internet).

45 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

I may have answered my own question, I see "My Attachments" in my profile, I'll see if I can delete.

Notes ♫

I actually never looked to see if there was a link!  Apparently, I also have a weird sense of humor... 😮

• Like 2

TIPS: I usually download important images before deleting them.  Even if I have the original, its usually easier to find the downloaded one.  Also, if I have posted a graphic in a post that several people have liked/found useful, I tend to leave it--unless CbB has changed and it is out-of-date.  Sometimes I will reduce the size and re-upload the smaller version for images that others users seem to have found useful.  

20 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I deleted a number of files, but it still won't let me upload a 134k cartoon.

You probably know this, but maybe not: Deleting an image from the text potion of a post does not delete it from your allotment.  You need to use the trash can icon below the post (in the attachments section).

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

<...snip...>

You probably know this, but maybe not: Deleting an image from the text potion of a post does not delete it from your allotment.  You need to use the trash can icon below the post (in the attachments section).

I tried that first, and then I found the attachments file and deleted quite a few, so I can get loaded oops get uploaded now.

Notes ♫