If you could only have "ONE PLUGIN" which one?

whoisp

a48c3eb8-c2c1-4c6c-8a81-62ae069a75ed_tex

I think it may be time to ask a multiple choice question !

A . How many plugins does Bapu ! really have ?

B. How many foot ball fields full of people standing shoulder to shoulder would it take to visually represent and add up to the number of plugins Bapu ! has while everyone standing there only has one plugin ?

C. If all the people standing shoulder to shoulder out on the fields with only one plugin decided to light a lighter at the same time and wave their arms , do you think they would generate enough light  to be seen from the International Space Station in space ?

D.   Since I heard there is no such thing as a Coffee House musician or member with only one plugin . Is any of this even possible ?

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

a48c3eb8-c2c1-4c6c-8a81-62ae069a75ed_tex

I think it may be time to ask a multiple choice question !

A . How many plugins does Bapu ! really have ?

B. How many foot ball fields full of people standing shoulder to shoulder would it take to visually represent and add up to the number of plugins Bapu ! has while everyone standing there only has one plugin ?

C. If all the people standing shoulder to shoulder out on the fields with only one plugin decided to light a lighter at the same time and wave their arms , do you think they would generate enough light  to be seen from the International Space Station in space ?

D.   Since I heard there is no such thing as a Coffee House musician or member with only one plugin . Is any of this even possible ?

Kenny

If you could only have "ONE PLUGIN" which one? a extra plugin given cakewalk stock you already have.  

However i would be interested in a football stadium (Old Trafford) full of manu fans all farting at the same time and  someone light a lighter to see what happens. 

Bapu is a compulsive collector. Like that weird person you know that collects clowns, salt shakers or dream catchers. Ask him how many he actually uses. Or has ever used. I've heard enough of Bapu's mixes to know he's good at it. I doubt he's scrolling through a hundred compressors trying to decide which one to use.

I admit to being a reformed collector myself, although I'm down to 339 at last count. I could easily reduce that to a couple dozen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Bapu is a compulsive collector. Like that weird person you know that collects clowns, salt shakers or dream catchers. Ask him how many he actually uses. Or has ever used. I've heard enough of Bapu's mixes to know he's good at it. I doubt he's scrolling through a hundred compressors trying to decide which one to use.

I admit to being a reformed collector myself, although I'm down to 339 at last count. I could easily reduce that to a couple dozen.

Probably don't need more than 10 and cakewalk stock is pretty good but i think they should update the stock

16 minutes ago, whoisp said:

If you could only have "ONE PLUGIN" which one? a extra plugin given cakewalk stock you already have. 

Non Cakewalk  plugins ? for years it was probably The MPL -1 Pro or The Camel Crusher ...

Then I learned " One plugin can  be too many and a thousand plugins are never  enough "

When I want to improve my sound and tone  I practice my Guitar a few hours  more daily and I learn how to  transcribe and play better music  😉

Kenny

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

1 minute ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Non Cakewalk  plugins ? for years it was probably The MPL -1 Pro or The Camel Crusher ...

Then I learned " One plugin can  be too many and a thousand plugins are never  enough "

When I want to improve my sound and tone  I practice my Guitar a few hours  more daily and I learn how to  transcribe and play better music  😉

Kenny

There's no substitute for good playing and recording, especially a good hook

• Like 2

The only 3rd party plug-ins that I consider absolutely indispensable, which is to say that I wouldn't want to release a track without being able to use them, are my reverbs. My ears seem to be very sensitive to reverb. When I'm listening especially critically, like testing equipment or CODEC's, it's the transients and reverb tails that reveal the differences.

Exponential Nimbus or Meldaproduction MTurboReverb. Flip a coin. Probably go with MTurboReverb because of the licensing and continued support by the developer, although I have few worries that the Exponential 'verbs are going to break any time soon.

Could do it without 'em, I suppose, but I'd be gritting my teeth.

8 minutes ago, whoisp said:

There's no substitute for a good song  recorded well featuring good playing .  When you add  a hook and a Chorus featuring  a deep pocket , you have a song  that triggers people to react on a deep emotional level .

Kenny

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

2 hours ago, whoisp said:

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

There's no substitute for a good song  recorded well featuring good playing .  When you add  a hook and a Chorus featuring  a deep pocket , you have a song  that triggers people to react on a deep emotional level .

Well said!

Too much attention gets placed on searching for magic plugins and too little on improving one's craft and skill.

Edited by Byron Dickens
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Exponential Nimbus or Meldaproduction MTurboReverb. Flip a coin.

I once counted up all the reverbs I have. Sheesh. Way too many. Some of them are unique, e.g. D16's bizarre Toraverb, Valhalla Shimmer or tritik's otherworldly irid. Some are especially adept at disappearing into the mix if that's what you want, e.g. FabFilter's infinitely tweakable Pro-R. I suppose MTurboReverb falls into that category too. Very versatile.

But despite all those options, 95% of the time it ends up being Valhalla Plate.

(No Nimbus for me, though; I have a Pace-free system and aim to keep it that way.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

I have a Pace-free system and aim to keep it that way

Yep. Me too.

And I have lots of reverb too. I was favoring Waves Abbey Road Plates and PSP 2425 for a long time. But recently started reaching more for IK Sunset rooms and both UAD Lexicon reverbs.

11 hours ago, Grem said:

If it was truly only one plugin, it would be Waves Shepps Omni Channel. Eq, comp, de-esser, saturation, and a gate, everything you would need (and doing it very well) except reverb.

The good old Waves SSL 4000 for me.

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, craigb said:

$29 entry price followed by a $329/month subscription to get the loop to stop? 😆

$29 entry price followed by the non monthly subscription plan.

the-grind-dont-stop.gif

$29 entry price followed by a $329/month subscription plan .

7xBx.gif                7xBx.gif

^                                        ^

The   Loop  Stops   Here !    

Oh Yeah I'm sold !  That sounds like a good deal too me ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 4