Branding is the new Orange (a song about exploitation)

Jesse Screed

Jesse , I Really like the hypnotic feel you've got going on this one. I especially liked the drums and well played bass track. I also think the FX on your vocals was Very nice!  I do think the ending was abrupt.    This is probably my favorite experimental track you've posted.    Enjoyed it .   mark

Well ... here we go again ... my ears are filled with your shrouded message and the talent to produce something that has a profound message ... but 

lets have a little less experimental ....and ... just for once ( as someone who has followed your work for years ) pull it back ... just for once Jess ...

BTW bass playing is ex.  I get it, I really do .. your words ( if anyone really listens to them are profound). I love your stuff ...but it don't help a good nights sleep TeHe

ATB

Steve 👍

6 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

lets have a little less experimental ....and ... just for once ( as someone who has followed your work for years ) pull it back ... just for once Jess ...

You are the 8th person that has stated as much. I totally understand your sentiments, believe me. 

I haven't upgraded my autopilot in a long time.  It is time to go experimental in a new direction, just for once😉

I will be back in a week, with something like that.

I am thankful for all those who have chimed in.☮️

Edited by Jesse Screed
  • Great Idea 1

Jesse, before you go off into the wild blue yonder, this tune raised the bar for me.  I've always thought your guitar playing is understated but excellent.  Your understanding of scales is off the charts, therefor, it takes a bit of having a taste for the bizarre, yet you're right on the money!  Love it!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Jesse , I Really like the hypnotic feel you've got going on this one. I especially liked the drums and well played bass track. I also think the FX on your vocals was Very nice!  I do think the ending was abrupt.    This is probably my favorite experimental track you've posted.    Enjoyed it .   mark

Thanks Mark.  I just do this to keep my mind exploring.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Your understanding of scales is off the charts,

I appreciate your compliments on the guitar playing.  As far as my understanding of scales, it is really more of a Carnival of Souls style of creation.  I wish I knew more about scales and could get my way around a keyboard or fret board in a more traditional way.

And yes, you really do have to have a taste for the bizarre to appreciate it.

Thanks Lynn!

• Like 1

Jesse, I always listen to what you post but I don't comment that often because have to say I usually don't get it. I've been here long enough to just accept it as your style and let it go.

You posted a video about a wishing well a while ago which I really liked. It surprised me how straight forward the story was since I hadn't seen that level of accessibility (if that's the right word) in your music.

Guess I'm trying to say that less experimental and more of the tried and true traditional stuff will likely work out  well for you toward a general audience if you're interested in doing that.

-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

just accept it as your style

Thanks, it's not that I don't want to reach a wider audience, it's that....well I'm not sure why.  It is easier for me to allow my inner angels to work through me than to try to work through my inner angels.  They don't like it when I try to tell them how to fly, though I still do need to have a governor so that I don't turn into a hermit.

This forum is my home base, I started here, and it is hard to leave home, where it is easy. 

7 hours ago, Keith Wilby said:

I can tell that it takes talent and why people might like it. 👍

Hey Kieth, the cool thing about the song forum is all the great people and the music they create.  I'm like that weird kid on the playground that is a little out of step with the rest of the class.

Keep on posting your tunes!

• Like 1