BFD3 for $49 (expired) - now Apple Silicon native!

jngnz

5 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

How did you get the London Sessions? I had BFD and I read somewhere that you can do a license transfer, but who do I need to contact for that, InMusic or Fxpansion?

Cheers

I emailed  and later PMed Drew, who is pretty easy to find on the BFD forum. Drew works for the new BFD and is actually a really good guy. He has helped me to get “ almost there”, but you know that old saying about “almost” and   “horseshoes”? Drew is the ONLY person over there who has really tried to be helpful. He may ask you for your BFD2 or Eco serial.

Edit: Oops. Jackson beat me to it😁

Edited by LAGinz
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I emailed  and later PMed Drew, who is pretty easy to find on the BFD forum. Drew works for the new BFD and is actually a really good guy. He has helped me to get “ almost there”, but you know that old saying about “almost” and   “horseshoes”? Drew is the ONLY person over there who has really tried to be helpful. He may ask you for your BFD2 or Eco serial.

+1 for Drew kudos.  I wouldn't be using BFD3 today if it weren't for his patience and help.  You actually need to show some patience with him, too, but he comes through in the end. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2022 at 7:22 PM, Cookie Jarvis said:

I'm still using the FXpansion versions of BFD2 and BFD3 in Win 11. Never had one issue! I saw too many problems with the inmusic changes and never updated. I don't know what I'd use if my BFD's stopped working...nothing else impresses me much.

Bill

At some point you may find that FXpansion (or ROLI) will turn off the licence manager log in but I think (?) if it works off line you should be okay but obviously there isn't any support from either now. You did well to wait as it has been a difficult year, the new DRM has been an issue for most but the end for users without internet access.

Currently you have to reauthorise BFD3 every 90 days and there is a timer telling you how many days remaining so it shouldn't catch you out.

Most people (especially original FXpansion crew) are totally against this new DRM and are fighting to have it completely removed.

As a beta tester I think I'm allowed to say that BFD4 is aiming for release in Late 2023 or early 2024.

Steve

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 5:59 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

Can anyone suggest the best cymbal pack for BFD?

A long time ago I had BFD2 and BFD Eco had a Zildjan add on, I loved those cymbals!!! But then BFD took a dump and BFD Eco disappeared into 32 bit oblivion.

I now use SD3 but the cymbals in SD3 are a bit lifeless by comparison.

Thx!

Eco went 64 bit the same time BFD2 did.

You can get the Zildjan packs to work with BFD3 but you'll have to PM DRew on the BFD forum and he'll give you a new serial and download.

I still have Eco running alongside BFD2 and BFD3 on my desktop

Steve

2 hours ago, Twaddle said:

At some point you may find that FXpansion (or ROLI) will turn off the licence manager log in but I think (?) if it works off line you should be okay but obviously there isn't any support from either now. You did well to wait as it has been a difficult year, the new DRM has been an issue for most but the end for users without internet access.

Currently you have to reauthorise BFD3 every 90 days and there is a timer telling you how many days remaining so it shouldn't catch you out.

Most people (especially original FXpansion crew) are totally against this new DRM and are fighting to have it completely removed.

As a beta tester I think I'm allowed to say that BFD4 is aiming for release in Late 2023 or early 2024.

Steve

The best new feature for BFD4 would be one that makes  BFD3 work properly, and without the current crazy authorization system.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, LAGinz said:

The best new feature for BFD4 would be one that makes  BFD3 work properly, and without the current crazy authorization system.

In principal I'm against the new authorisation system and people who paid for the software shouldn't have to be proving they're legitimate owners, periodically or not but generally the process has been very quick my experience.                                                                                                                        

Most, but not all issues have been resolved now but basically inmusic unleashed a system that was no where near ready and barely functional, sadly it did a lot of damage to the reputation of BFD along with slow customer support but at east updates have been fairly quick.

Steve

17 hours ago, Twaddle said:

we've seen InMusic release schedules slip by months/years.  Still no native M1 versions despite lots of  'promises'

1 hour ago, Twaddle said:

sadly it did a lot of damage to the reputation of BFD

I think BFD was already suffering reputational damage before the mess that is the current licensing fiasco.

1 hour ago, Twaddle said:

but at least updates have been fairly quick

there has been a handful of fixes but lots of the basic problems remain IMO

It's such a shame as BFD had such great potential - but for some time  SD3 has been a much better/safer option.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, simon said:

we've seen InMusic release schedules slip by months/years.  Still no native M1 versions despite lots of  'promises'

If you're on the forum you might have seen Drew inviting non beta testers to download the M1 beta version before it goes public.

Edited by Twaddle
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, simon said:

It's such a shame as BFD had such great potential - but for some time  SD3 has been a much better/safer option.

+1 Even for the impact BFD would have on Toontrack,  I would love to see it be a serious competitor. That's good for all drum plugin buyers, bringing down prices, more competitive features, etc. I hope someday it becomes reality, but InMotion almost seems like a parody of their brand name,  they move at a snail's pace when it comes to revolving software issues and I'm not aware of them truly innovating in the plugin space. That's not to say that will always be the case,  but it sure seems to be the case in the present day. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 3:08 AM, LAGinz said:

On 11/29/2022 at 3:48 AM, Marc Cormier said:

+1 for Drew kudos.  I wouldn't be using BFD3 today if it weren't for his patience and help.  You actually need to show some patience with him, too, but he comes through in the end. 

Thanks guys (Marc and LAGinz) for pointing me in the right direction.

I have to give the guys at InMusic credit who are dealing with BFD, they were polite, helpful, punctual and came through on the ticket request in 2 days. 

I'm downloading London Sessions now - and their helpfulness has inspired me to invest in a new expansion pack from them. I was thinking of the Vintage Recording Techniques pack -  I'm really into that retro drum sound.  Any suggestions?

5 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

that retro drum sound.  Any suggestions?

https://www.bfddrums.com/expansions/modern-retro.html

this one can get there

https://www.bfddrums.com/expansions/imperial-drums.html

more of an "indie" sound but if I had to pick, might be this one

https://www.bfddrums.com/expansions/horsepower.html

have and use all three.

• Like 2