BFD3 for $49 (expired) - now Apple Silicon native!

jngnz

On 11/17/2022 at 5:09 AM, Philip G Hunt said:

this thread has inspired me to give it another shot.

Yep. Me too. Maybe give it a shot in Reaper and see if that works better. In CW I get random crashes.

Didn't realize they had that much expansion packs. Nice looking ones too. Nice selection of snares and cymbals.

Maybe. Got until when? Dec 5?

Yeah, that was one thing that worked for me, as well. Another thing that worked surprisingly well was getting a full and free copy of London Sessions (all of the core  BFD2 drums) because I was an owner of BFD Eco. Eco (no longer supported) contained only a rather limited portion of what was contained in London Sessions.

10 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Can anyone suggest the best cymbal pack for BFD?

A long time ago I had BFD2 and BFD Eco had a Zildjan add on, I loved those cymbals!!! But then BFD took a dump and BFD Eco disappeared into 32 bit oblivion.

I now use SD3 but the cymbals in SD3 are a bit lifeless by comparison.

Thx!

The stock BFD3 cymbals are very nice as well. 

11 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Can anyone suggest the best cymbal pack for BFD?

A long time ago I had BFD2 and BFD Eco had a Zildjan add on, I loved those cymbals!!! But then BFD took a dump and BFD Eco disappeared into 32 bit oblivion.

I now use SD3 but the cymbals in SD3 are a bit lifeless by comparison.

Thx!

The Sabian Digital Vault looks pretty nice ($49 right now). It's on my short list because it includes cymbal brush samples.

• Like 3

On 11/7/2022 at 10:02 AM, cclarry said:

There is no Everything to Everything upgrade, as they never actually show you having the Everything bundle

20 hours ago, Grem said:

Yep. Me too. Maybe give it a shot in Reaper and see if that works better. In CW I get random crashes.

Didn't realize they had that much expansion packs. Nice looking ones too. Nice selection of snares and cymbals.

Maybe. Got until when? Dec 5?

If you guys do, please let us know the results .😁

• Like 1

So I got this as well as 3 extensions and I had no trouble authorising or downloading or whatever. One time, deleting the track BFD was on caused Studio One to crash (MBP M1 Pro, Rosetta) but I figured out how to avoid that (deactivating the instrument first). No further issues so far.

This thing and especcially the Tama kit from the Modern Retro extension sounds so *****ing good that I pee myself a little every time I'm playing it. It's almost literally like playing the real kit. So much better than AD2 it's ridiculous. Worth every bit of trouble so far.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jan Schmitz said:

I pee myself a little every time I'm playing it.

Well, that's all the sales pitch I need. Has anyone tried the jazz kits? Or found the Jazz & Funk expansion on any of the reseller sites?

Edited by pseudopop
I can't english
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Well, that's all the sales pitch I need. Has anyone tried the jazz kits? Or found the Jazz & Funk expansion on any of the reseller sites?

Yeah, I bought Jazz Noir and it's great. Didn't like the previews of Jazz & Funk. I don't think it's available at resellers. Neither is the Percussion extension that I'm desperate for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

Yeah, I bought Jazz Noir and it's great.

Agreed.  See the demo on YouTube or the BFD site. Just bought it.

I got BFD3 yesterday.  Sounds are great. User interface is almost at Windows 3.1 level. My main misgiving is the reports of the flaky license management, Does anyone know what happens at the 90 day mark?  Don't tell me Elon Musk is about to buy the company.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, noynekker said:

They offer this BFD3 deal so everyone will have it, then along comes BFD4 update real soon after . . .

Well...hopefully? Not sure why you're making this sound like a bad thing. Unless the upgrade will be $299.

Am I stupid or is the Dark Farm expansion the only one with a list of the actual instruments included? Every other page just says something generic like "it has some toms". Do the expansions come with a manual?

Edit: In case anyone else is interested the included instruments can be found here: https://www.fxpansion.com/support/faq/

Edit 2: But not for every expansion, it seems.

Edited by pseudopop

Loaded BFD in Reaper today and man those cymbals do sound good. Didn't have time to play as much as I wanted... but it's got me wanting some of the expansion packs. 

Forgot to add that I had to reauthorize BFD3 and all my add ons. (This happens every 90 days?) It did work with no bumps today. Will give it a workout tomorrow. 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1