How do I Automate a VST (Vital) Effect For The Whole Clip?

In the intro to a song I was making, I wanted a Vital instrument to gradually release its filter as the intro progresses. Problem is, the only way I know how to do that inside of the Vital VST would cause the filter to reset on every note. How do people usually do this? Video attached is a manual example of the effect i'm looking for.

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

I would map a MIDI CC to the filter control. Then in the MIDI track controlling Vital, simply draw a line in the Piano Roll View (PRV) controller lane for that MIDI CC.

I like this idea! Any way you can show me how to do it? I'm not quite literate enough with cakewalk to understand your instructions as they are.

37 minutes ago, Sub to Lambfire said:

I like this idea! Any way you can show me how to do it? I'm not quite literate enough with cakewalk to understand your instructions as they are.

I just gave it a try.

I downloaded and installed Vital (never used it before) and set up an basic patch with a low pass filter.

I mapped it to CC74 (could have been any but I usually use CC74 for a LP filter) using my MIDI controller (Vital has MIDI learn)

I recorded about 4 measures of a chord rift.

I opened up the Piano Roll View and added a line on CC64.  The filter opened as expected.

No promises, but if I get a chance I could do a quick video for you.

Of course, the other option is to use Automation.  Open the automation lane, enable write.  Move a knob while recording vital.  The automation lane will be created for you to edit.

Edited by Promidi

2 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I just gave it a try.

I downloaded and installed Vital (never used it before) and set up an basic patch with a low pass filter.

I mapped it to CC74 (could have been any but I usually use CC74 for a LP filter) using my MIDI controller (Vital has MIDI learn)

I recorded about 4 measures of a chord rift.

I opened up the Piano Roll View and added a line on CC64.  The filter opened as expected.

No promises, but if I get a chance I could do a quick video for you.

A video would be extremely appreciated 👍

One could map a CC to the filter cutoff or just use plug-in automation.

Because of the way the plug-in resets the filter, it might be a good idea to start the project at measure 2 or later so that the automation can set the filter before the note data starts to stream to the plug-in.

Here is a video showing how to automate the Filter 1 cutoff.

B1NOF0M.gif

In this case. I manually assigned and drew the automation.

Another way (and probably the easiest) to assign and draw automation is

• Arm the plug-in for automation by clicking the W on the right in the standard header above the plug-in UI
  • Start the transport
  • Manipulate the filter cutoff in the plug-in UI
  • Turn off Write automation by clicking the W again.

IOW, your original video is just missing arming and disarming Write automation.

• Thanks 1