Flash Sale - Waves Platinum for $99

cclarry

Ever since I first started getting into music production/mixing(a la the days of Digidesign Digi 001), Waves software has always been around.  I remember wanting to get the Waves Gold bundle(the Holy Grail of plugins at the time, hah), but it went for some ridiculous price.  WUP sucks, we can all agree on that.  But it's most likely what's keeping them afloat and able to have longevity in this industry(not to mention, keeping their plugins current).  Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've never stopped supporting any of their plugins, right? (Similar to how Izotope and NI recently put some of their VSTs out to pasture)

I wish all plugin companies could have the same licensing and free updates for life like Melda.  But Waves makes some seriously top shelf plugins that's just too good to pass.  Hopefully the competition will eventually give Waves a run for their money, and it forces Waves to do away with WUP once and for all.  A guy can dream, right? 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lionel said:

Ever since I first started getting into music production/mixing(a la the days of Digidesign Digi 001), Waves software has always been around.  I remember wanting to get the Waves Gold bundle(the Holy Grail of plugins at the time, hah), but it went for some ridiculous price.  WUP sucks, we can all agree on that.  But it's most likely what's keeping them afloat and able to have longevity in this industry(not to mention, keeping their plugins current).  Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've never stopped supporting any of their plugins, right? (Similar to how Izotope and NI recently put some of their VSTs out to pasture)

I wish all plugin companies could have the same licensing and free updates for life like Melda.  But Waves makes some seriously top shelf plugins that's just too good to pass.  Hopefully the competition will eventually give Waves a run for their money, and it forces Waves to do away with WUP once and for all.  A guy can dream, right? 😁

I doubt that.   They have a reputation of being quality.  Their Renn stuff is some of the best.  There's plenty out their that don't have a UP. They survive. See Image Line with lifetime updates.  

• Like 1

Izotope and Melda do not have $29 plugins lol! On Waves, you don't have to wait  till Black Friday $29 is an always on sale price. Bundles are great on Black Friday and now like now on platinum. IK is great on group buys. Izotope is good in black friday! $99 is a bargain. I paid $1500 for Waves Gold many years ago.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I doubt that.   They have a reputation of being quality.  Their Renn stuff is some of the best.  There's plenty out their that don't have a UP. They survive. See Image Line with lifetime updates.  

I'm paranoid about image line!  I bought Fruity loops lifetime.  So, they went and changed the name of the product to FL Studio. Same product, but no updates for my lifetime product because it is a "NEW" product. Very unethical move.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

15 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

I'm paranoid about image line!  I bought Fruity loops lifetime.  So, they went and changed the name of the product to FL Studio. Same product, but no updates for my lifetime product because it is a "NEW" product. Very unethical move.

Don't know what you are talking about.  

23 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

Izotope and Melda do not have $29 plugins lol! On Waves, you don't have to wait  till Black Friday $29 is an always on sale price. Bundles are great on Black Friday and now like now on platinum. IK is great on group buys. Izotope is good in black friday! $99 is a bargain. I paid $1500 for Waves Gold many years ago.

Every week that select plugins to discount.

20 hours ago, Lionel said:

Competitors had to enter the $29 market.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Don't know what you are talking about.  

FL Studio (previously known as FruityLoops before 2003)

I went for the lifetime  FruityLoops update 2002. Soon after, they discontinued FruityLoops and all updates were stopped. They changed the program name to FL Studio. Everyone that bought the "Lifetime" version was screwed. It is the same program just renamed. A technicality use to get out of the "Lifetime" updates.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I went for the lifetime  FruityLoops update 2002. Soon after, they discontinued FruityLoops and all updates were stopped. They changed the program name to FL Studio. Everyone that bought the "Lifetime" version was screwed. It is the same program just renamed. A technicality use to get out of the "Lifetime" updates.

If that's true that's a really shady thing to do.. I don't use FL, but always thought that was a really cool benefit.

16 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

If that's true that's a really shady thing to do.. I don't use FL, but always thought that was a really cool benefit.

I'd find it hard to believe unless FL Loops was the basic sequencer.  If you bought a boxed version of any FL product you paid $29 for LT updates.

Funny that we are on a DAW forum where some of us forked out $199 that is now freeware.

6 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I have literally dozens of plugins across both companies I paid less than $30 a piece for.  With many at a third or less than that.   

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I'd find it hard to believe unless FL Loops was the basic sequencer.  If you bought a boxed version of any FL product you paid $29 for LT updates.

Funny that we are on a DAW forum where some of us forked out $199 that is now freeware.

That's always a tricky one.. awesome generosity to make it available free, but I can somewhat understand how people feel in those situations. Still I'd rather companies give away stuff for free as much as possible! I'd bought some of the Kilohearts plugins which are now all free and paid for a couple of others than ended up on promo/giveaways. But at least I got to have fun with them a little sooner than I would've otherwise 🙂

On 11/9/2022 at 1:45 PM, Max Arwood said:

Hmmm. Everyone i know says they got free update and that it was a name change rather than product change. People still call it fruity loops 🤣 They could be lying.

49 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

Hmmm. Everyone i know says they got free update and that it was a name change rather than product change. People still call it fruity loops 🤣 They could be lying.

Its a good DAW. Easy to make stuff in. But not for rock music. I use my kids copy and I try to teach myself stuff on it when I have free time. Which is rarely. Too busy making rock. What it lacks is the advanced midi of Cubase. I feel it's more of loop and sample music makers DAW.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Its a good DAW. Easy to make stuff in. But not for rock music. I use my kids copy and I try to teach myself stuff on it when I have free time. Which is rarely. Too busy making rock. What it lacks is the advanced midi of Cubase. I feel it's more of loop and sample music makers DAW.  

I used to think that until I saw a guy making high level classical music on it.  Granted, I think it is still inferior to Cubase in that regard, but each version adds more functionality.  I respectfully disagree about it being a loop and sample music maker's DAW.  I think it's more of a drum sequencer and piano roll composer's DAW. FL is very popular in pop music in multiple genres that rely far more on sequencing than sampling. It is the DAW for trap and drill and hybrid pop like k-pop or  Arianah Grande/Justin Bieber type composition.  I think Ableton is superior for sample based production. I think certain genres have made lo-fi methods that oddly enough emulate sample loops sound so degraded that they get mistaken as such. When I think of genres that still heavily sample (90s style boombap or retro sounding acts like Griselda) I find more MPC hardware,  Maschine, Ableton and retro gear ( Kanye uses mostly hardware) with some FL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

I used to think that until I saw a guy making high level classical music on it.  Granted, I think it is still inferior to Cubase in that regard, but each version adds more functionality.  I respectfully disagree about it being a loop and sample music maker's DAW.  I think it's more of a drum sequencer and piano roll composer's DAW. FL is very popular in pop music in multiple genres that rely far more on sequencing than sampling. It is the DAW for trap and drill and hybrid pop like k-pop or  Arianah Grande/Justin Bieber type composition.  I think Ableton is superior for sample based production. I think certain genres have made lo-fi methods that oddly enough emulate sample loops sound so degraded that they get mistaken as such. When I think of genres that still heavily sample (90s style boombap or retro sounding acts like Griselda) I find more MPC hardware,  Maschine, Ableton and retro gear ( Kanye uses mostly hardware) with some FL.

FL foes deeper than most people think.  It does cater more to dance genres.  I'm impressed with people who use it for orchestra. 

That Waves Platinum will work just fine it.

• Like 2