What's on your BLACK FRIDAY Wish List? (Not a Deal)

PavlovsCat

6 hours ago, Fleer said:

I’d say wait for the new Bohemian from Virharmonic, that Gorilla engine is quite remarkable. 

So, would you go as far as saying that the Gorilla engine release is worth going apesh*t over? ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

I'd pick that over any of the stuff on my list.  Thanks for the reality check.

That reminds me. There's this meat initiative here in The Netherlands where you can 'buy a cow'. They select farmers which selects a cow (or multiple) and then they sell the meat. You can opt-in, and the moment enough people do that, the cow goes to the butcher and you get fresh beef. I've done that once and it was absolutely delicious and not that more expensive than in the store or the local butcher.

And with the holidays coming up, they have wagyu. For 159.95 you get rougly 3,5 kg (which is around 11,5 lbs). So it's the Pulsar Mu bundle + Echorec or 300gr steaks for 11 people. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Funds are a bit low this year, and I don't feel like I Am missing anything that I haven't got covered in one form or another (So no complaints).

A new SSD for my studio pc is the closest I think I'll get this year (or next).

I've (literally) gotten Studio One 6 Pro (thanks mate), so Am up to date there.

All the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zargg said:

Funds are a bit low this year, and I don't feel like I Am missing anything that I haven't got covered in one form or another (So no complaints).

A new SSD for my studio pc is the closest I think I'll get this year (or next).

I've (literally) gotten Studio One 6 Pro (thanks mate), so Am up to date there.

All the best.

There are a lot of freebies to take advantage of, so there's still good reasons to hang out  this place. There's also  a series of excellent Black Friday deal threads at VI Control (continuing the tradition our own Reid Rosefelt started; see below for a link). One list features freebies; it's superb. I check those lists probably every day or every other day lately and post stuff here if someone else hasn't already done so. 

EDIT: Here's the link: 

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/40-list-of-freebies-to-grab-during-black-friday-cyber-monday-christmas-new-year-promotions-2022-edition.131802/

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

More so than the 'stuff' I mentioned previously - I'm hoping for things that money can't buy like everyone staying safe & healthy.

Funny how things can go to hell so quickly.  3 weeks ago I shattered my collarbone in a mountain bike accident and had surgery to pin it all together again (still recuperating from that) then right afterwards half the family caught Covid (thankfully everyone was vaccinated so no one got seriously ill).  So thankful that I missed that bullet, getting sick while recovering from surgery would have truly sucked.  

So looking forward to an uneventful BF weekend.
I hope that everyone has a safe, healthy & happy BF/holiday weekend!  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

More so than the 'stuff' I mentioned previously - I'm hoping for things that money can't buy like everyone staying safe & healthy.

Funny how things can go to hell so quickly.  3 weeks ago I shattered my collarbone in a mountain bike accident and had surgery to pin it all together again (still recuperating from that) then right afterwards half the family caught Covid (thankfully everyone was vaccinated so no one got seriously ill).  So thankful that I missed that bullet, getting sick while recovering from surgery would have truly sucked.  

I hope that everyone has a safe, healthy & happy BF/holiday weekend!  

💯 percent.

I wish the same for you and your family, @TheSteven and the entire forum.  From years of social media management and as a user,  I want to say that I see your posts as an example of someone who spreads goodwill and understanding in a  community.  Please don't ever stop. 

And we still have more than a week of deals left before Black Friday and with Larry back in full force, our hard drives are very nervous. Man, it's soo good to have @cclarryback, and not just for the deals. He's an essential part of this community and you are too @TheSteven.  Both of you are a big part of why this is my favorite music related forum. I hope your recovery is faster than expected. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

I hope that everyone has a safe, healthy & happy

oWW!  oWW! oWWWWWWWWWWWW!   Somewhere that is between sucks and reeeeeeeeally sucks! 

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Haha 1

So, tonight is gonna be my night. Tomorrow is the World Cup (Netherlands) so I will be drunk and away for the afternoon and evening. Saturday is still an option for most deals, but oh boy those hangovers. Got my salary today, so I'm dangerously armed with money, time, a wishlist and perhaps a little wodka.

@cclarry: you have about 8 hours to sharpen those deals! 😝

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1