VST Buzz Flash Sale - Liquid Rhythm

cclarry

VSTBuzz.com presents: 60% OFF “Liquid Rhythm” by Wave DNA 🔥Available ONLY until July, 16th.

Visualize your beats in a whole new way. Build every beat you've ever imagined, and every rhythm you've never thought of with this intuitive pattern based next gen sequencer. Now 60% OFF on VSTBuzz for a week only!
$39.70
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-liquid-rhythm-by-wave-dna?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=FlashDeals-EveryoneWorldwide&utm_content=FlashDeals-EveryoneWorldwide-LiquidRhythm-ad1&fbclid=IwAR2ofCfqd-E_0ng6JDtHlau6h3c4az6Ojm3_5qgO_jGqqzE8KJVaEKCjMWA

7 minutes ago, Monomox said:

here's a video where you can see what the heck this plugin actually does

the vid shows how to spend a week or two on chosing the right hh pattern and not get bored even for a moment

I think I could swap my minesweeper for that

:D 

• Haha 2

If I remember correctly this product was abandoned a couple of years ago, and never worked properly in Sonar/CbB.  It's looping function would stop working after a couple of iterations.  This may be a new and improved version, but I'm not sure.  I gave up on it long ago, though it did seem like a good idea.  You had to upgrade to liquid music to get the newer version of liquid rhythm and it wasn't worth it for me.

• Like 1

I bought Liquid Rhythm on sale a few years ago, and it works as advertised, with the exception of the sync issues (looping region loss) with Cakewalk Sonar. I contacted WaveDNA  support about that, and they admitted knowing about the issue, but had not solved it yet. Apparently Sonar and Bitwig posed some unique challenges for them in that regard.

They stated that "This same plugin version works fine in Ableton, Cubase, Studio One, Logic, Reaper, but is unpredictable in Bitwig and Sonar."

It is a very useful way to generate original MIDI drum patterns, and try many variations without having to draw them by hand into a piano roll or step sequencer.

You can set it up to drive your drum VSTi of choice within your DAW, or use the factory sounds in the plugin. So I was able to drive Addictive Drums 2 with the patterns in Liquid Rhythm.

An additional note:

When using  Liquid Rhythm as a plugin, it actually uses a VST2 plugin called Liquid Rhythm Bridge that links the full Liquid Rhythm app to the DAW host and transport. With the plugin active, you will need to set up a loop region in the host DAW track view, and then use the DAW's transport controls to start/stop the Liquid Rhythm playback.  You will have two app windows to work with, one for your DAW and the other for Liquid Rhythm.

Initially the internal Liquid Rhythm audio is sent to your DAW via one stereo (1/2) output, but there are up to 8 stereo audio outputs that can be configured in the Liquid Rhythm mixer.

In the plugin mode, you will also see Liquid Rhythm available as an  available MIDI input in the DAW instrument track inputs, so you can trigger other drum virtual instruments in the DAW host, and replace the Liquid Rhythm sounds by muting the audio track(s) from Liquid Rhythm. The Liquid Rhythm Bridge brings over the audio and MIDI from Liquid Rhythm, that you can use them as desired in the host, or not. So it's sort of like a ReWire hack, without using ReWire.

Otherwise Liquid Rhythm is also a standalone app. When used as standalone it should work fine  using its own transport, because it is not dependent on syncing to a host transport for the loop function.

18 minutes ago, abacab said:

When using  Liquid Rhythm as a plugin, it actually uses a VST2 plugin called Liquid Rhythm Bridge that links the full Liquid Rhythm app to the DAW host and transport. With the plugin active, you will need to set up a loop region in the host DAW track view, and then use the DAW's transport controls to start/stop the Liquid Rhythm playback.  You will have two app windows to work with, one for your DAW and the other for Liquid Rhythm.

Initially the internal Liquid Rhythm audio is sent to your DAW via one stereo (1/2) output, but there are up to 8 stereo audio outputs that can be configured in the Liquid Rhythm mixer.

In the plugin mode, you will also see Liquid Rhythm available as an  available MIDI input in the DAW instrument track inputs, so you can trigger other drum virtual instruments in the DAW host, and replace the Liquid Rhythm sounds by muting the audio track(s) from Liquid Rhythm. The Liquid Rhythm Bridge brings over the audio and MIDI from Liquid Rhythm, that you can use them as desired in the host, or not. So it's sort of like a ReWire hack, without using ReWire.

Beatmaking has never been easier

• Haha 1

Update: I tested the same old LR plugin again today with Cakewalk by BandLab (2019.05), and I looped a 2 bar pattern for over an hour without losing sync. Maybe the bakers accidentally fixed something in the Cakewalk transport?

22 hours ago, cclarry said:

VSTBuzz.com presents: 60% OFF “Liquid Rhythm” by Wave DNA 🔥Available ONLY until July, 16th.

Visualize your beats in a whole new way. Build every beat you've ever imagined, and every rhythm you've never thought of with this intuitive pattern based next gen sequencer. Now 60% OFF on VSTBuzz for a week only!
$39.70
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-liquid-rhythm-by-wave-dna?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=FlashDeals-EveryoneWorldwide&utm_content=FlashDeals-EveryoneWorldwide-LiquidRhythm-ad1&fbclid=IwAR2ofCfqd-E_0ng6JDtHlau6h3c4az6Ojm3_5qgO_jGqqzE8KJVaEKCjMWA

I got it on sale in 2017 for $19.95 at Audio Deluxe, so maybe wait for a better deal! ;)

Cool program though!