Mouse scrollwheel issues

SVSX

Hi guys,

i bought a new PC and installed Win 11 as my OS. Now everything is working fine, but on Cakewalk i found out, that my mousewheel isn't working correctly. Normally i could do very fine wheel adjustments on buttons and faders, but not anymore. Now i have to turn it fast to react and it isn't doing fine movements, more like jumping around. I loaded some plugins to check, if it is the same behaviour there, but it's not. Tried Cakewalk 09.2022 and Sonar Platinum, both are acting the same way. On Windows its scrolling fine. For your info, i didn't change my mouse, its still the Microsoft Wireless 5000. What could be the cause for this?

FWIW The last time I had this issue, it was down to the custom Kensington mouse drivers I'd installed.  Once I'd uninstalled those, and Windows was using its own internal mouse driver, everything was working fine.

Cakewalk wasn't the only application that had strange behaviour... IIRC it seemed to be older MFC based applications that were most affected.

If you do have 3rd party mouse drivers installed, you may find they aren't fully Windows 11 compatible.  Try uninstalling them and see if it helps.

• Great Idea 1

THX guys, it seems to be my mouse. Tried a different model and this one was working flawless. There arent dedicated drivers for my mouse (Microsoft Wireless 5000), just HID conform mousedrivers. Everything else ist workig fine, so i'll turn knobs on CW with mousedragging and leave it as it is. Thank you all for your help.