Don't Play That Song

noynekker

Hey everyone, here's a new one . . . still workin' and mixin' 

This one was actually inspired by a young kid from my neighbourhood, who actually had some national success here in Canada. Watched one of his videos, and it got me percolating, and the result was this . . . so far:

• Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 7:33 PM, MichaelJohn said:

What you got here is that good dance vibe that fills the dance floor.  Also has that Keith Urban feel good type vibe.  The wide panned guitars, I think two,  are perfectly mixed to my ears.   Make more!  Will listen!

Thank you so much ! . . . I am a big Keith Urban fan, nice compliment.

On 11/6/2022 at 1:05 AM, Paul Bush said:

Sounds really fine to me great riffs and tones, lots going on in there

never muddled yep one the best i´ve heard in a long time

Glad you liked it Paul, it was a slower funk drum pattern I started with, so had to really thin out the drums a lot once I sped it all up.

On 11/6/2022 at 6:20 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice easy on the ears tune, with some interesting underlying lyrics, this mix works quite well here what do you plan to do with it?

Thanks Wookiee, I think you have "proper" monitors, so I'm glad to hear it translated alright . . . what to do with it ?  . . . Field of Dreams I guess, find a publisher.

Bruce , this is a Great well written song ! I am Really liking the guitar tones and the execution. Very nice playing. I think the vocals could come up a "little" bit , and I was for sure wanting to hear some more of the "Hey" sections come in and with an added higher harmony note.        Fantastic job !     I  Loved the mainstream feel of this one ..       mark