10% Off Fender/Presonus Products at Sweetwater

David Baay

Sweetwater Sound is having a promotion with Fender products  (including Presonus interfaces, keyboards and control surfaces as well as software) in exchange for creating an account and sharing your e-mail  or just logging in to your existing account. 10% on everything, and more on some things (just one item, though). 

Fender in General:

https://www.sweetwater.com/dealzone/Fender-deals

Presonus Specifically:

https://www.sweetwater.com/dealzone/PreSonus-deals

Edited by David Baay

7 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

The Presonus AudioBox USB 96 is a steal at $79 before the 10% discount. If you need 5-pin DIN MIDI, it's the way to go.

I was going to ask how good the phantom power is on these since it is buss-powered (initial concern). The reviews don't mention this specifically (hint that it is okay), but a couple noted that the minimum gain on the inputs will still clip an old passive guitar... is that true? I didn't readily see anything about mic/inst (other than the front panel), and used to run my passives as a LINE input to my Saffire, but not sure if that is an option? Another review said it can only drive cans that are 60 ohms max (mine are 32 ohm, so not as critical).

I have a similar product, the Presonus Studio 2|4 and neither it nor any other USB-powered interface I've used has shown any difficulty with either gain or headroom on the inputs, as long as one has them properly switched, that is Mic vs. Instrument level and phantom power for the condenser mics. They have gain adjustment knobs on the front that you turn down if you get clipping, and there's plenty of range.

Most if not all of the interfaces in the $150 and under price range will be powered by the USB bus. That goes for Focusrite, Tascam, Presonus, Behringer, just about anybody's,

They use dc-dc converters to bump the voltage up from the 5V supplied by the bus. You just can't run them for very long on a phone or tablet that isn't also hooked up to a charger (I use an iPhone "camera adapter" to accomplish this).

• Thanks 1