My entire ASIO set up completely disappears...

Dim Giant

Question

91585920_Problemchild.png.bbea315a96013b26315e364a5401cd14.png

Using cakewalk has been a dream, but for the past two days the DAW has been experiencing program-breaking experiences in two forms: 1. When I load a song I've been working on, the moment the song opens Cakewalk sends a crash report and explains that the computer program will no longer respond. 2. On the rare occasion I can now actually get into the program itself and load up a song, the ASIO which formerly recognized my capture device will inexplicably see nothing. I was able to work around this before by switching from MME and then back to ASIO but now when I do that the engine crashes every single time. The icing on the cake is that now, sometimes when the program boots me out it remains as a fixed process which I can't end from the task manager screen. Meaning I have to restart the entire computer to gain access. And often when that happens I come back in to find the DAW itself can no longer see the audio interface it could see before restarting the computer. The image attached above shows the message I get.

*falls prostrate to the floor*

O Cakewalk gods, here my plea and have mercy upon my lowly soul, what way is there to undo the dark arts that now possess this innocent program? 

with humblest oblations,

Dim

Edited by Dim Giant

4 answers to this question

Ok, that's your Roland audio interface driver crashing.

There's a couple of things you could try:

1. As you've switched back and forth from ASIO to MME, your AUD.INI file may be a bit messy with the measurements from the different modes. This can sometimes cause crashes. If you delete it (when Cakewalk isn't running), Cakewalk will create a brand new one when it starts. Its located in %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

2. A Windows update could have messed about with your audio interface drivers. Re-installing them should normally fix this. I'd recommend deleting AUD.INI as well, after the driver reinstall though.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

Your screenshot is too small to read.

FYI - if you just want to make a screenshot of the active window (e.g. just the dialog), use ALT + PrintScr rather than CTRL + PrintScr.

Sorry about that. There ya go

• Like 1

19 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Ok, that's your Roland audio interface driver crashing.

There's a couple of things you could try:

1. As you've switched back and forth from ASIO to MME, your AUD.INI file may be a bit messy with the measurements from the different modes. This can sometimes cause crashes. If you delete it (when Cakewalk isn't running), Cakewalk will create a brand new one when it starts. Its located in %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

2. A Windows update could have messed about with your audio interface drivers. Re-installing them should normally fix this. I'd recommend deleting AUD.INI as well, after the driver reinstall though.

YESSSSSSS! Thank you! You're a peach! 

• Like 1