How to bounce cakewalk tts-1 digital to and audio track

I am just getting back into using Sonar.  I know a fair amount, but I am a little lost on how to bounce a cakewalk TTS track to an audio track.

I think I have setup the TTS-1 correctly, recorded a track, and I see where it is being bounced right below when in the preview mode.  I push the little play button and it generates an audio wave file on that audio track.  I learned that if I hit the record button it actually records the wave file.  Great!  But, I inserted another midi track, and I recorded a string part on it.  I can't figure out how to generate the wave file on one of the other available cakewalk audio tracks for the strings.  

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks Mark, I have never done that before.  I will try to figure it out. 

I have two tracks.  One is piano, the other a short string section.  When I record one, two it also on the audio track.  I will see if I can figure out freeze.  Thanks for your patience with me.  I owned and ran a 24-track two-inch tape studio for 30 years.  Not up on the digital that great yet.

Just mute the tracks you don't want in the audio, freeze TTS-1,then CTRL + drag the audio to a new audio track, unfreeze and repeat.

This is the way I do it.  Each freeze takes seconds, rather than having to bounce in real time.

Edited by msmcleod
  • Great Idea 1

To use Bounce to Tracks to create synth audio see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=SoftSynths.12.html

To use freeze to create synth audio see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Mixing.23.html

Both use the same routines to create audio.

Bounce creates audio in a new track but does not automatically disconnect the synth.

Freeze creates audio in the synth's audio track and disconnects the synth.

• Thanks 1