Aankhon Aankhon Main (2019) - By iAmad

Pcode

Hi Guys,

I know most of the audience here, is English speaking,  but here is an Urdu song, I am working on, just wanted to get some feedback from my musician friends here ...
after all “music and melody” transcends languages and cultures. 

let me know what you guys think? 

Amad AKA PCODE

pcode
Terrific song. Good mix and very clear vocal. Effective reverb.
Not so sure about the vibrato effect near the end though.
I don't know anything about Urdu music but did you use a particular scale in this song?

Couple of notes I wrote while listening
1:13 auto tune effect?
1:31 bass glitch?

It's pretty groovy! Nice mix, I can hear everything pretty cleanly. In the intro, the flute instrument might be just a bit overbaked with compression? It's a little crispy, I can hear the saturation pretty heavily. That might be just what you were after.

Personal choices being what they are, I would have preferred a fade out ending, as opposed to just dumping us out at the end of a synth patch feature.

I'd also like to know what it's about! I really like hearing songs like this from other cultures . . .

cheers,

-Tom

On 7/14/2019 at 4:49 PM, bjornpdx said:

pcode
Terrific song. Good mix and very clear vocal. Effective reverb.
Not so sure about the vibrato effect near the end though.
I don't know anything about Urdu music but did you use a particular scale in this song?

Couple of notes I wrote while listening
1:13 auto tune effect?
1:31 bass glitch?

Thanks for listening, bjornpdx, vibrato was just an experimental thing, to create variation,....and it's ok, if you don't know much about Urdu music, I don't known much about music LOL! just kidding, I am an expert when it comes to music, just not the good kind , J/K!  I will check out the glitch at 1:31?  and fix the "auto tune" as well, I am not a great singer, in any language I assure you that, need help now and again in pitch department...

On 7/21/2019 at 7:42 AM, garybrun said:

Nice mix.
I like the quality on the vocal...  
Did you glitch the vocal near the end?

Sorry been away for a bit, music does not pay the bills here... perhaps I did, I am going to have to revisit that....

Amad

On 7/14/2019 at 10:10 PM, jwnicholson78 said:

Nice song.  What's it  about?

The song is about longevity of love, something along the lines for lets turn these "moments" into millennia  by looking into each other eyes... type 90s blue pill stuff.   

On 7/14/2019 at 10:19 PM, emeraldsoul said:

It's pretty groovy! Nice mix, I can hear everything pretty cleanly. In the intro, the flute instrument might be just a bit overbaked with compression? It's a little crispy, I can hear the saturation pretty heavily. That might be just what you were after.

Personal choices being what they are, I would have preferred a fade out ending, as opposed to just dumping us out at the end of a synth patch feature.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for the feedback Tom, we'll make some improvement in the final iteration ...

"I'd also like to know what it's about! I really like hearing songs like this from other cultures . . ."

I will translate the lyrics and post them,as soon as I get sometime away from work...