Free Helix 3.50 Update for All Helix and HX Processors

cclarry

NEW CAB ENGINE
& 24 NEW CABS

Described as “the biggest sonic improvement to Helix® since it first shipped back in 2015” by Chief Product Design Architect Eric Klein, the free Helix 3.50 firmware update applies to all Helix and HX® family amp and effects processors. It introduces an entirely new IR-based speaker cabinet engine along with 20 new guitar cabs, four new bass cabs, and a choice of 12 microphones. You can change the mic angle, position, and distance in relation to the cabs (and even drag the mics around in space using the HX Edit application). The update also includes five new amp models, seven new effects, and new features including Dual IR Blocks.

Update Now

https://line6.com/software/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Huge update for Helix.  Cabs sound significantly better. 

ie:  Take the MESA 4x12

• SM57 - edge-of-cap with distance of 2"
  • M160 - center with distance of 12"

Sounds exactly as it should.  No high/low cuts necessary

Maybe it's just me... but I think the Placater (BE-100) model now feels more responsive/lively.

• Like 2

This update was truly massive. I didn't read the release notes till after the update... "IMPORTANT! The 3.50 update process may take 30 MINUTES OR MORE TO COMPLETE. This is totally normal, as it includes significant improvements to Helix Core and thousands of IR files." 30 minutes was about right. I never had a firmware update take so long in my life.

Good timing since I put 10s back on my main guitar earlier this week after using 9s for a few years! I just got done kicking the tires on the update for a few hours and it is rather nice. I spent most of my time playing with amps and the Dual Block IRs (I pretty much focused on that feature) that I didn't have time to go through all the new stuff (yet).

14 minutes ago, simon said:

FWIW I'm on Native - bear in mind that you might need to 'restore factory resets' to take advantage of the new presets  - and back up your own presets first.

I thought it, the update, nuked your settings while installing the new presets - hence the need to back up.
If not then I still need to do the 'restore' to finish my update.

22 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

I thought it, the update, nuked your settings while installing the new presets - hence the need to back up.
If not then I still need to do the 'restore' to finish my update.

on mine (Native) it kept the original presets - none of which took advantage of the new gear - I had to do a 'restore' - there is something in the installation notes about it.

• Like 1

The HELIX Floor update was 30 minutes (firmware). Native is a software update, so went fast. The firmware update did not overwrite patches, so the new ones will only get installed with a factory reset as @simon mentioned above. Be sure to backup first, and then you can then move patches/setlists with HX Edit.

HELP!

I have been re-amping quite a bit over the last week with great success using the helix via USB, until I did the update this morning. Unfortunately, when Helix is connected via USB, Cakewalk now goes “non-responsive” when hitting “Rec”. I am on the most current version of Cakewalk. I have a robust dedicated DAW. Everything worked perfectly before the update this morning.

Apparently other cakewalk users are experiencing what they define as various ASIO-comm issues as well, according to the Line 6 forum. I would attach the link if I knew how, LOL. Reverting back to the previous version does not resolve the issue.  Also, apparently line 6 has been able to reproduce the issue. So we’re waiting for them to respond, I guess.

Have any of y’all experienced these issues?

Dono