Deleted effects still loading.

glisando

Hi

I had a project where I had quite a number of effects on the effects bin, eg LP-64 EQ, melodyne etc.
I wanted to make some changes to it some months later. However cakewalk crashes when I try to open this project. I have to repeatedly try again and again before it opens. I eventually deleted the effects from the effect bins. So now all effects from effects bin have been cancelled. Subsequently when I open the project again, I notice on the bottom right, there are notifications that say the effects are being loaded, but I have already deleted those effects from the effects bin, why are they being loaded again? Also when the project eventually opens, the effects are not there in the effects bin (because I deleted them earlier), so why am I always getting the notification that those effects are being loaded? Hope someone can advise, thank you.

Not really sure why you're seeing deleted effects being loaded, but try loading the project in Safe Mode: Open Cakewalk and then when you select the project you want to open, hold down shift. You'll be presented with every effect in the project that you can say yes or no to. Say no to everything except for Groove Player (this is the Metronome) and that should give you a clean project to save.

If you see any effects after that, that would be very weird. More information and screenshots, etc. would be useful to help you troubleshoot that.

Edited by Lord Tim

• 2 months later...

Was this ever resolved?  I see the same issue where plugins (effects or instruments) on deleted tracks show as loading when the project is opened even though they are now, no longer used anywhere.  It is not causing a major issue but it would be nice not to waste time (and possibly memory?) opening these plugins.