Banks and Patches

Louis

Hello all.

MIDI newbie here.

I'm using cakewalk and my Roland Fantom XR.  I have setup an instrument definition file I downloaded from Cakewalk.  I select the bank and patch, the bank changes,  but It will only play the first patch in the bank.  I've gone into event list and tried editing it a few times, no luck, I've inserted patch changes, no luck.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  In my instrument there is no longer a general MIDI selection or any other instruments except for the Roland Fantom.  Can I reset it back to factory settings?  I've included some screen shots of my setup.  Any help will be appreciated.

Cakewalk1.thumb.png.61ecb6fd1083478f3302b6038ce1f621.png

Cakewalk2.png.abfba368b71af8bf2c37623b63f8dc6c.png

Cakewalk3.png.5588caf419ac4b16bf48842158459bf6.pngCakewalk4.png.af8be1404eb92f9b4313c978db01ac9a.png

I was able to get the ins files for the XR and have installed them.  I uninstalled and reinstalled cakewalk last night.  They will change now, but the problem is if I change one of the patches or bank selects, they all change.  As you can tell from the picture, I changed the bank for channel, and all the other bank for channels 2 - 10 changed as well.  I'm stumped and have ran out of things to try.

MIDI.png

35 minutes ago, Louis said:

. . . if I change one of the patches or bank selects, they all change.  As you can tell from the picture, I changed the bank for channel, and all the other bank for channels 2 - 10 changed as well.

Are you saying you sent out one bank select + program change pair embedded in one track and that caused bank select + program changes on channels 1 -> 7 and 10 (with different patches on each channel)? 

Edited by User 905133
edits

35 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Are you saying you sent out one bank select + program change pair embedded in one track and that caused bank select + program changes on channels 1 -> 7 and 10 (with different patches on each channel)? 

Yes, If I change one they all change.  I thought maybe I had something set to omni but I dont.

4 minutes ago, Louis said:

Yes, If I change one they all change.  I thought maybe I had something set to omni but I dont.

I am puzzled by that since the patch on each channel is not the same for all tracks and only channels 1 - 7 + 10 were affected.  

Edited by User 905133

I have never had that happen (that I know of) where a Bank Select + Program Change pair in the middle of one channelized track triggered Bank Select/Program Changes on other tracks.  I will defer to other users that might have ideas on what might have caused that.  Sorry I couldn't help.
Edited by User 905133
edits

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:
I have never had that happen (that I know of) where a Bank Select + Program Change pair in the middle of one channelized track triggered Bank Select/Program Changes on other tracks.  I will defer to other users that might have ideas on what might have caused that.  Sorry I couldn't help.

Thanks for trying.  I wonder if having more than one impute selected on the instrument definition will cause that.