What is you current favorite bourbon, beer or spirit?

hockeyjx

I bought this because, well, I've tried so many that the Solera Aged looked like something I would like ...and I did! Sadly, the distributor is small and these are scarce, but I have one bottle left! What is your current favorite?
image.thumb.png.aafe7e68e46271f0b1c22b3ca0cc6011.png

Edited by hockeyjx

Wine. Always. Not the expensive stuff. I used to love Concannon - inexpensive and good - but my grocery does not carry it anymore. So I usually pick a cheaper Clos du Bois and a Carnivore. 

254832276_10158803312337582_1118492078597230957_n.thumb.jpg.a0eef1bbe1868d27c253f05758197b51.jpg

Sometimes I decide to spend a few extra dollars and try something different. This one was not a good selection though - I ended up emptying it in the sink and reaching for my usual instead.

312201777_10159380105262582_8938686690713733482_n.thumb.jpg.2662109d4ce68a20870305ffecac082b.jpg

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

@Rain Are you a long-suffering Leafs fan?

Not as some. I've rooted for Boston and Montreal for most of my life, but as a Canadian, I tend to support all Canadian teams. But at some point Toronto really started growing on me, so you could say I am a masochist, as I knew what I was getting myself into. I became a huge fan of theirs. 

I know it's kinda weird that my 3 favorite teams are some of the biggest rivals in the sport, but, that's the way it is. 

For me hockey is as much about history and tradition as it is about the current stats, and those teams all have a long and fascinating history.

With a name like HockeyJX, I would guess that you must have a favorite too, right?

Edited by Rain

7 minutes ago, Rain said:

Not as some. I've rooted for Boston and Montreal for most of my life, but as a Canadian, I tend to support all Canadian teams. But at some point Toronto really started growing on me, so you could say I am a masochist, as I knew what I was getting myself into. I became a huge fan of theirs. 

I know it's kinda weird that my 3 favorite teams are some of the biggest rivals in the sport, but, that's the way it is. 

For me hockey is as much about history and tradition as it is about the current stats, and those teams all have a long and fascinating history.

With a name like HockeyJX, I would guess that you must have a favorite too, right?

Born and raised outside of Philadelphia, and a few miles away from the Flyers' practice facility. As a matter of fact, the Flyers had a goalie named Pelle Lindbergh that one the Vezna, and he got in a fatal accident a block from the house I lived in in NJ. Crazy. 

I played hockey for over 25 years as well, so I do enjoy the sport and it's nuances. I can appreciate a great play regardless of the team, or even against "my team".

Edited by hockeyjx
  • Like 1

I also played hockey (seemed a natural choice for an Olympic-hopeful speed-skater growing up).  Although I was the fastest on the team, I was also tall and skinny and have well over 200 stitches in my chin to prove how hard I hit the ice when checked (the most stiches at one time was 39!).  Somehow, I never chipped a tooth...

My Mom is 100% Dutch and my Father is mostly English.  I guess that's how I ended up either speed-skating or playing darts for most of my life! 🙄

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

Born and raised outside of Philadelphia, and a few miles away from the Flyers' practice facility. As a matter of fact, the Flyers had a goalie named Pelle Lindbergh that one the Vezna, and he got in a fatal accident a block from the house I lived in in NJ. Crazy. 

I played hockey for over 25 years as well, so I do enjoy the sport and it's nuances. I can appreciate a great play regardless of the team, or even against "my team".

I remember Pelle Lindbergh! A phenomenal young goalie. What a tragedy...  It was a huge shock for me to hear of his passing, and it was all over the news back home as well.

The Flyers have always had a warm spot in my heart. I grew up in the 70's, so, that is hockey for me, and they were a huge part of it. 

Got this book a while back, but haven't had the chance to get to it yet. Maybe I should get started...

70914268_10156838604382582_7457681182986076160_n.thumb.jpg.e44a59cb21f1021d4a3a8daf2266e0db.jpg

• Like 1

Who'd have guessed a serious thread about alcohol could degenerate into a discussion of hockey?

This is what happens when you invite a Canadian to the table.:D

I was in Germany once during the Stanley Cup finals, staying with a German friend. He had like 400 channels on his TV and we stumbled onto a hockey match. Neither of us knew anything about the sport, but had a blast making up the rules based on what we saw on the screen. Apparently, it's like soccer/football except that injuries are not incidental to the game, but rather the point of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1