[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.11 Early Access [Updated to Build 12]

Morten Saether

On 11/7/2022 at 3:52 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

Mark has now added support for quick group delete fx as well as bypass effect so it will be in the final release.

Thanks, @Noel Borthwick, I've tried the latest update, and both features work, including the mass/group bypass, regardless of the position of the fx in the chain, which is just great.

However the fact that it deletes some random clip or object that the user has forgotten about and is potentially not visable has also bugged me since the beginning since it can lead to data loss. Obviously there is room for improvement in that area.

Yeah, that will be great to fix in the future.

Unfortunately in Windows its very hard to check existing MMCSS priories accurately so its possible that that the driver is actually setting MMCSS, but just not a high enough priority. The best way to check (assuming that you can identify the driver thread for your ASIO device) is to run Process Monitor and look at the priorities for the ASIO driver. For MMCSS it must be running with a dynamic priority of 24 or higher to be a pro audio thread.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that test, and see what it says.

This release was originally supposed to be much smaller so we chose to make it a soft release. However it grew legs and turned into 2022.11. We chose not to publicly push it until release in this case. When we release obviously everyone will get update notifications. (If it was a public EA you would have got an in-app notification)

Aha, it's good that the differentiation between EA and final is made in the DAW. 11 final release was notified correctly in the DAW, so that was good.

We don’t publicly expose the full installer because its large and incurs higher download costs. However if you need it ask support or PM one of us and we can send you a link when the full release is available.

I've seen that you've made the full installer available, so that everybody can use it, which is great. Downloaded it, installed, replaced my 3 piece puzzle installer to the latest version I've had before. Usually I look for the full installer on other sites that provide it, but it was hard to find lately, and I also suspect having it done in one piece should be more reliable, so that's all great.

Thanks for everything, and looking forward to the next batch of fixes and improvements!

33 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I've seen that you've made the full installer available, so that everybody can use it, which is great. Downloaded it, installed, replaced my 3 piece puzzle installer to the latest version I've had before. Usually I look for the full installer on other sites that provide it, but it was hard to find lately, and I also suspect having it done in one piece should be more reliable, so that's all great.

This is a one off full installer we’re providing only for this release. Normally its determined based on what version the user is updating from. If its from the previous version we download a “thin installer” that has only the changes. If coming from an old version it gets the full installer.
As explained earlier this is to load balance data downloads and keep data costs down as  requested by BandLab. We have a lot of users and not only is it expensive its inefficient (and unnecessary) to have everyone download > 500 MB each time.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 3:15 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

This is a one off full installer we’re providing only for this release. Normally its determined based on what version the user is updating from. If its from the previous version we download a “thin installer” that has only the changes. If coming from an old version it gets the full installer.
As explained earlier this is to load balance data downloads and keep data costs down as  requested by BandLab. We have a lot of users and not only is it expensive its inefficient (and unnecessary) to have everyone download > 500 MB each time.

I got it, this time the full release actually made a difference because of the updated dlls, though.

So basically you need to skip the early access version and roll back one release to get the full installer next time. It's a shame you need to skip the early release, though. If you used a free service and limited the bandwidth, wouldn't that be an acceptable alternative?

Hello there!

Faced such a problem: in a new project, when playing VST-synthesizers, the sound periodically disappears, starting from some note.
I've had this problem before, but didn't pay attention.
When rendering, everything is in order, all notes are played.

How to fix it? It's very strange (((