UVI Prime 8+ FREE

DrShelder

Looooooove those UVI freebies. Got their Digital Synsations and even Mello that way. Recently bought U1250, reimagining Kurzweil’s huge K250 keyboard and the K1000 module. And you can edit to your heart’s content in Falcon. Classy stouph, miles above IK Syntronik. 

• Like 1

And it’s pretty recent, apparently one of three new titles launched with Vintage Vault 4. 
AskAudio wrote: “With Prime 8+, UVI has a really fantastic emulation of the Roland TR-808 drum machine. The sounds are instantly recognizable as classic, and in true UVI fashion, you’ve got a beautiful interface that is reminiscent of the original machine with some usability and workflow tweaks that make it incredibly easy to use.”

https://ask.audio/articles/review-uvi-vintage-vault-4

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Looooooove those UVI freebies. Got their Digital Synsations and even Mello that way. Recently bought U1250, reimagining Kurzweil’s huge K250 keyboard and the K1000 module. And you can edit to your heart’s content in Falcon. Classy stouph, miles above IK Syntronik. 

Ayy, I missed that $12 U1250 deal. :( I'm a sucker for 80s/90s workstation recreations. :(

I got one of those "hitting obscure stuff with sticks" Kontakt libraries for $5 to get the UVI Model D.

• Like 2

It's not like people haven't done the TR-808 a zillion times, but this easily seems to me the best one yet, and also a new instrument.  So much better than the one on Roland Cloud, which is kind of sad.   The UVI approach seems so perfect.  To do the look and feel perfectly, but then go beyond and make it better. 

1100 patterns and 140 presets.  It's something new.   So happy to get this.  One thing that's unfortunate about UVI is how much they charge to upgrade from one version of Vintage Vault to the next, so I wouldn't have had this for a long time, if ever.  It wouldn't have sold me.   A TR-808. So what?   But this is so good.

Another library I love from UVI is Beatbox Anthology 2.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It's not like people haven't done the TR-808 a zillion times, but this easily seems to me the best one yet, and also a new instrument.  So much better than the one on Roland Cloud, which is kind of sad.   The UVI approach seems so perfect.  To do the look and feel perfectly, but then go beyond and make it better. 

1100 patterns and 140 presets.  It's something new.   So happy to get this.  One thing that's unfortunate about UVI is how much they charge to upgrade from one version of Vintage Vault to the next, so I wouldn't have had this for a long time, if ever.  It wouldn't have sold me.   A TR-808. So what?   But this is so good.

Another library I love from UVI is Beatbox Anthology 2.

https://d16.pl/nepheton also got a temper

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

May be. But it's 99 €. Prime8+ is/was free (39 € later) and sounds great. No need for me to spend the (extra) money. Have you compared the two? Comments?

It was just my 2 cents about TR808 as a virtual clone. Anyway I prefer 909. Thats my style.

• Like 1