Zebra 2 $179.10 at JRRshop

Spice3d

2 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Just finished a course on Live and you really don't need 3rd party stuff.

Amazing the stuff I've heard in FL using their 3xOsc.  People cranked out a lot if music in Reason before they created REs. 

I have everything in FL, Live, Reason and then add Arturia to the mess and those zillion Kontakt synths.

I find synths are more about trends.  You rarely see EDM producers use more than 3 synths. 

That's fine, but this should really be in a different thread. ;)

I'm pretty sure that Zebra is the last Gorilla that I don't own.  I have Omnisphere, Falcon, Pigments, Komplete, Total Studio 2, V Collection, Vintage Vault,  HALion, and a lot more.   So the collector in me wants it.  But I don't need it.  I need to learn more about what I already have.  

The sell seems to be: buy full Zebra2 for whatever and then on November 15th, Zebra3 comes out and you get it for 30 euros.    It's got to come out then, because otherwise having a Zebra Vintage product makes no sense. 

So my plan is to wait for Zebra3 to come out and wait for a sale on it.  And if it never happens, that's okay, as I may have smartened up and decided I no longer want it by that time.    Because otherwise I'm just buying it now so I won't miss out on the opportunity to spend an extra 30 euros and "save" money for something I have no time to use.    I'll save more by not buying it at all, because I've already got more stuff than I need, and I just use Omnisphere, Falcon, Pigments and Cube most of the time anyway. 

I'd rather spend my money on a few more Indiginus instruments, to be honest. 

• Like 2

The u-he synths were my last big ones on my checklist. If I only bought stuff I needed, life would be very boring 🤣

10 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm pretty sure that Zebra is the last Gorilla that I don't own.  I have Omnisphere, Falcon, Pigments, Komplete, Total Studio 2, V Collection, Vintage Vault,  HALion, and a lot more.   So the collector in me wants it.  But I don't need it.  I need to learn more about what I already have.  

The sell seems to be: buy full Zebra2 for whatever and then on November 15th, Zebra3 comes out and you get it for 30 euros.    It's got to come out then, because otherwise having a Zebra Vintage product makes no sense. 

So my plan is to wait for Zebra3 to come out and wait for a sale on it.  And if it never happens, that's okay, as I may have smartened up and decided I no longer want it by that time.    Because otherwise I'm just buying it now so I won't miss out on the opportunity to spend an extra 30 euros and "save" money for something I have no time to use.    I'll save more by not buying it at all, because I've already got more stuff than I need, and I just use Omnisphere, Falcon, Pigments and Cube most of the time anyway. 

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Urs has stated that they are unable to estimate a release date for Zebra 3. "Someday" is still where that's at. November 15th is just the cutoff date for an upgrade path from Zebra 2. If you buy Zebra Legacy for $99, you will have to pay full price for Zebra 3 whenever it is released.

Zebra 2 is probably the last big gun on my personal wish list, and $99 doesn't sound bad to me for everything included! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fleer said:

Don’t forget you can get $50 off Zebra 2 at the dev’s website, thus costing you $149 now, as well as getting the Legacy bundle and, later on, Zebra3 for $30. 
https://u-he.com/products/zebra2/zebra2-crossgrade.html

Not all of us have hardware synths lying around. Or even have had a hardware synth at some point. Not to mention a color printer to print that card. Or a friend with a color printer. Or a friend.

tiny-violin-mr-krabs.gif.51411f65c52dacf60964437c3d826711.gif

Oh, wait:

You don't own an old, dusty synthesizer? You might still have a chance to get your crossgrade. At times, here at u-he we like to be entertained by your creativity…

Hmm...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fleer said:

Don’t forget you can get $50 off Zebra 2 at the dev’s website . . . .

3 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Not all of us have hardware synths lying around. Or even have had a hardware synth at some point.

Not all synthesizers qualify for the Dinosaur Crossgrade. “Dinosaur” refers to a piece of musical hardware with a certain vibe—something spoken of in reverent, hushed tones. Hardware that cost thousands during the 1970s and 1980s, has knobs crammed all over the panel or a tangle of cables dangling from countless sockets on the front. [Emphasis added]

JMO: Its a marketing strategy to promote the "modular" nature of Zebra 2.  

You don't own an old, dusty synthesizer? You might still have a chance to get your crossgrade. At times, here at u-he we like to be entertained by your creativity…

Edited by User 905133
To add another quote

On 11/5/2022 at 11:13 AM, abacab said:

That's fine, but this should really be in a different thread. ;)

Nope, I'm gonna stick with the members tradition of of staying off topic in a deals thread.

I should add BTW how does it compare to <insert synth here> so we can see 5 videos about it.

9 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

I should add BTW how does it compare to <insert synth here> so we can see 5 videos about it.

FYI, they were related to the Zebra topic, and may be of interest to Zebra fans seeking info before they purchase it. It is not easy to always stay on topic, but best to not go completely sideways into a new unrelated discussion. Cheers! :)

On 11/5/2022 at 11:20 AM, InstrEd said:

More the synths the merrier :D

I do admire folks that can create all these creations using only one or two synths!

Then you start adding presets to the madness. 

For Trance one only needs Spire or Sylenth, and I see Serum being used more.

At some point I have to wonder spending 4 hours on a Groove3 tutorial is worth my time since I have a limited time on Earth and enough synths for at least 2 lifetimes,

BTW wasn't there a much better deal when NI had these Uhe synths on sale? 

6 minutes ago, abacab said:

FYI, they were related to the Zebra topic, and may be of interest to Zebra fans seeking info before they purchase it. It is not easy to always stay on topic, but best to not go completely sideways into a new unrelated discussion. Cheers! :)

I think you have to own it to be a fan.

Nope, following tradition.  Give up now.

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2022 at 6:53 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

I have Omnisphere, Falcon, Pigments, Komplete, Total Studio 2, V Collection, Vintage Vault,  HALion,  [...snip...] I just use Omnisphere, Falcon, Pigments and Cube most of the time anyway. 

z2 can do pretty much most of what those synths can do, it's a wonderful thing