Zebra Legacy (Zebra2, all soundsets, Dark Zebra) €99

Spice3d

What is Zebra Legacy?
Zebra Legacy is Zebra2 with all our Zebra soundsets for free (including The Dark Zebra), all at the extraordinarily generous price of 99€. This allows us to continue maintaining Zebra2 for many years to come while we focus on Zebra3 development… and beyond.

When will it drop?
Zebra Legacy will be available from our web store on November 15th, replacing all the individual products.

Is it free for me?
Most likely! There are 3 scenarios:

1) If you already own a license for Zebra2 and The Dark Zebra…

Congratulations! Simply download Zebra Legacy from our website and install it. You will also receive a free license for Zebra3 as soon as it becomes available.

2) If you already own a license for Zebra2 but not for The Dark Zebra…

Congratulations! Simply download Zebra Legacy from our website and install it. You can also upgrade to Zebra3 for only €30 as soon as it becomes available.

3) I don’t own Zebra2 yet – what are my options?

You can either wait until November 15th and buy Zebra Legacy outright for €99, or buy Zebra2 now, get all soundsets for free on or after that date – and also maintain an upgrade path to Zebra3. So to make the best of your upgrade options towards Zebra3 we recommend buying Zebra2 before November 15th.

https://u-he.com/products/zebra2/

NOTE: 
As Zebra Legacy is such an incredible bargain, we will not be offering an upgrade path to Zebra3 for licenses purchased on or after November 15th!

So is Zebra3 on the horizon?
Although we have made great progress recently, please understand that we cannot quote an ETA for Zebra3 yet!

Edited by Spice3d
forgot link! :-)
  • Like 7

Supposedly, if you aren't eligible for a free upgrade from Zebra2 to Zebra3, it will be €30--a pledge Urs made in 2012!

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=582019

So, basically, for €70, you get all of the Zebra2 soundsets (€199 Zebra2 current price - €99 price Nov 15 - €30 Zebra3 upgrade)

I've just quickly reviewed the soundsets and I'm thinking I may just wait for Nov 15 and pay the €30 upgrade when Zebra3 comes out. (I reserve the right to be convinced otherwise 😉

Edited by Spice3d
spelling fix

55 minutes ago, Spice3d said:

So, basically, for €70, you get all of the Zebra2 soundsets (€199 Zebra2 current price - €99 price Nov 15 - €30 Zebra3 upgrade)

I've just quickly reviewed the soundsets and I'm thinking I may just wait for Nov 15 and pay the €30 upgrade when Zebra3 comes out. (I reserve the right to be convinced otherwise 😉

IGNORE THIS QUOTE BOX--OOPS

1 hour ago, Spice3d said:

NOTE: 
As Zebra Legacy is such an incredible bargain, we will not be offering an upgrade path to Zebra3 for licenses purchased on or after November 15th!

Edited by Anxiousmofo

Upon further research, this isn't even right. You only get the free Zebra3 upgrade if you own both Zebra2 *and* Dark Zebra. If you only own Zebra2, the upgrade to Zebra3 will be €30. Also, I saw somewhere that Zebra3 will be €250, but sure if that's official. 

1 hour ago, Spice3d said:

Dang, this is complicated! So basically, €199 before Nov 15 gets you Zebra3 upgrade and Zebra2+soundsets. After Nov 15, it's €298 (assuming Zebra3 will cost €199) 🤔

Edited by Spice3d
Z3 price

• 2 weeks later...

Available now...

I already own Zebra2 and the Dark Zebra but it's cool that I get the other 14 soundsets and the upgrade to Zebra3 for free.

Thanks U-he 👍🏻

Incidentally, I asked Urs whether you need to install the downloaded version of Zebra2 and The Dark Zebra if you already have the latest versions of these installed (2.9.3). He confirmed that you don't need to install these, only the soundsets (which are installed by drag/drop anywhere on the Zebra2 UI).

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 3

Well, although it irks me to buy the same product twice, I gave in and bought Legacy for all the cool patch libs. I don't need ZebraHK. I'm not Hans Zimmer and I've never felt the need for more than two MSEGs. But I reckon a thousand or so presets are worth the 99 bucks.

I've got a problem, however. After this install most of my previous third-party patch libraries are now missing from the browser.

For example, I have all three of Joseph Hollo's Padsheaven series. Padsheaven number 2 is still populated and useable, but 1 and 3 show "folder empty" in the browser. I've verified that the folder is not empty and the files are all still there, and I've done a refresh, but they refuse to show up. Neither the new drag 'n drop nor the "Install Soundset" menu option do anything with .H2P files. All the factory presets are still there, as are a handful of the previous third-party libraries and all my own custom patches. 

ZincT, you're a longtime Zebra user. Any insights or suggestions?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Well, although it irks me to buy the same product twice, I gave in and bought Legacy for all the cool patch libs. I don't need ZebraHK. I'm not Hans Zimmer and I've never felt the need for more than two MSEGs. But I reckon a thousand or so presets are worth the 99 bucks.

I've got a problem, however. After this install most of my previous third-party patch libraries are now missing from the browser.

For example, I have all three of Joseph Hollo's Padsheaven series. Padsheaven number 2 is still populated and useable, but 1 and 3 show "folder empty" in the browser. I've verified that the folder is not empty and the files are all still there, and I've done a refresh, but they refuse to show up. Neither the new drag 'n drop nor the "Install Soundset" menu option do anything with .H2P files. All the factory presets are still there, as are a handful of the previous third-party libraries and all my own custom patches. 

PM’ed ya. 

On 11/15/2022 at 12:40 PM, ZincT said:

Available now...

I already own Zebra2 and the Dark Zebra but it's cool that I get the other 14 soundsets and the upgrade to Zebra3 for free.

Thanks U-he 👍🏻

Incidentally, I asked Urs whether you need to install the downloaded version of Zebra2 and The Dark Zebra if you already have the latest versions of these installed (2.9.3). He confirmed that you don't need to install these, only the soundsets (which are installed by drag/drop anywhere on the Zebra2 UI).

If i recall well owners of dark zebra and zebra are elligible for the free update .... no need to buy this bundle for that ...

2 hours ago, Zo said:

If i recall well owners of dark zebra and zebra are elligible for the free update .... no need to buy this bundle for that ...

That's correct Zo, which is why I thanked U-he in the above post. I didn't have to buy anything (other than Zebra2 and Dark Zebra which I bought from NI in their Christmas deal a couple of years ago). I just downloaded the legacy zip and then only installed the 14 free expansions (I already have the latest Zebra and Dark Zebra installed).

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Sorry, didn't see this until now as you didn't put an @ before my handle and there are so many new posts at this time of year!

Not sure what happened with your install, but the way I have my third-party Zebra presets organized is by having a folder which I manually created named "Third Party" in my  "\Documents\u-he\Zebra2.data\Presets\Zebra2" folder.  I move any of my third party libraries into this folder so that I have them in one place and then re-scan.  Like this...

zebra2.png.fcd4539464d7d59a2f4278552f012db5.png

After I downloaded the legacy zip, I unzipped it and ignored the 01 Zebra and 02 Dark Zebra folders as I already have these installed.

All I then did was to open Zebra2 and drag and drop each of the 14 soundsets (13 actually as I already owned one of them) from the "03 Zebra Legacy Soundsets" in the zip file onto the Zebra2 UI.

This installed each of those into a folder called Legacy under User in the Zebra2 UI. The preset browser looks like this...

zebra2b.png.7798e21d673dd30e102c064a5a6b4972.png

I have just tested a number of my third-party patch libraries and they seem to operate as they did before (I have Padsheaven 1 which works fine).

So you could try re-organizing your third-party folder structure to be the same as mine.

Not sure what else to suggest other than to contact U-he support and see if they can help. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

I was afraid that's what you'd say, ZincT, as it's exactly how I've done it in the past, and that's how I have my patch libs organized as well.

This time, the drag 'n drop method just flat out didn't work. However, I was able to use the Import Soundset menu option from the context menu you get when you right-click on the Zebra logo.

The problem was with the existing files. Some of them refused to show up in the browser after scanning.

However, this morning I opened an existing project, ran the scan again, and surprise! there they were. I haven't checked them all yet, but I really only cared about the Hollo collections. Curiously, even though Zebra said they weren't there, it had no problem loading previously-used patches into the project, with their correct names. I suspect it may have been a display issue all along. But I do appreciate your reply; if nothing else it reassured me that I wasn't suffering from early-onset dementia.

So it appears all's well. Now the fun begins, exploring all the new patches and flagging the favorites.

• Like 2

@bitflipper  How very odd, but I'm glad that it appears to work.

As for early-onset dementia, I worry about it all the time.  
Every 3 minutes, someone is diagnosed with dementia......Poor lad keeps forgetting he has it.

Good idea about flagging favorites btw. I've only started on Chronospheres so far and there sure are some sweet pads/atmos in there.

• Haha 1