IK Multimedia T-Racks EQP-1A FREE!!! $79 USD Value

PavlovsCat

3 hours ago, smde said:

I am from Montréal too. I didn't know these are available here in the local library! What library and app is this?

It is actually open to anyone in the province of Québec.

Go here for the details and to sign up: https://www.banq.qc.ca/

You will have to give them your address. They will then send you a code by mail to enter on the site to access.

The app to read with is called Libby or you can also read directly from the site once you are registered.

I am actually from the north shore of Montréal, Laval, and there is also a similar service for Laval residents. I have both and there a bit of difference in the offerings. The Laval one is using its own app.

For more details and help you can always drop by your neerest public linbrary and ask them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

The instructions now say...

DUE TO A WEBSITE PUBLISHING THESE DETAILS, THIS OFFER IS ON HOLD UNTIL 3rd NOVEMBER

Which is a p*sser for us fully paid up subscrip peeps. BUT after Nov 3rd it seems they will have a way to get this for those of us who pay the subscription. I imagine on a fillout form like it was it will have the WHATS the 2nd WORD in the headline on page 34 type thing 

The full message now is:

NOTE DUE TO A WEBSITE PUBLISHING THESE DETAILS, THIS OFFER IS ON HOLD UNTIL 3rd NOVEMBER. PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD THIS DOCUMENT THEN FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. The CM team.

Edited by aidan o driscoll

I don't blame them for putting on the brakes for this deal.

Since this is not a "CM" version, and is a full version product with a serial number, the intent was probably for this to be a limited offer as are most of the non-CM suite products. They probably let this one slip thru with the new FileSilo plan, then realized they needed to re-think that bit.

8 minutes ago, abacab said:

I don't blame them for putting on the brakes for this deal.

Since this is not a "CM" version, and is a full version product with a serial number, the intent was probably for this to be a limited offer as are most of the non-CM suite products. They probably let this one slip thru with the new FileSilo plan, then realized they needed to re-think that bit.

So @abacab .. is Filesilo going to be free and open going forward? Is that the plan? If so how about some process then for people who pay/subscribe to CM? Will there be a seperate thing for us?

7 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

So @abacab .. is Filesilo going to be free and open going forward? Is that the plan? If so how about some process then for people who pay/subscribe to CM? Will there be a seperate thing for us?

I'm a paying subscriber, and I only know the same details as you do. The company already posted in their FAQ that FileSilo will not be using passwords going forward.

We'll see what solution they present tomorrow for their premium freebie "specials" for subscribers like this deal. It will be revealed in that downloadable instruction sheet.

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm a paying subscriber, and I only know the same details as you do. The company already posted in their FAQ that FileSilo will not be using passwords going forward.

We'll see what solution they present tomorrow for their premium freebie "specials" for subscribers like this deal. It will be revealed in that downloadable instruction sheet.

Aha @abacab ... I wasnt aware of what you said in bold, that CA had said this. I thought Filesilo had gotten broken and was open only for a while. 

So one would wonder WHY bother with Filesilo anymore as it was very connected with the purchase of the mag

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Aha @abacab ... I wasnt aware of what you said in bold, that CA had said this. I thought Filesilo had gotten broken and was open only for a while. 

So one would wonder WHY bother with Filesilo anymore as it was very connected with the purchase of the mag

From FileSilo FAQ:

"To improve both user experience and the general performance of FileSilo we have now opened up assets to all users, across all titles!"

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

From FileSilo FAQ:

"To improve both user experience and the general performance of FileSilo we have now opened up assets to all users, across all titles!"

So it looks like going forward they will add own "open source" content to Filesilo for eveyone regardless but then have a seperate process for mag subscribers. Be interesting what they say tomorrow  

I just checked, out of curiosity, and they are back with questions. Although there are still no login to filesilo, when you click on the T-Racks freebie dowload button, you get a quiz page that says: 'Answer three questions to access your serial number and download instructions for IK Multimedia TRacks EQP-1A EQ'.

The CM suite is still downloadable by everyone.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

you get a quiz page that says: 'Answer three questions to access your serial number and download instructions for IK Multimedia TRacks EQP-1A EQ'

3 questions that are multiple choice based on words from articles in the relevant CM issue. It works and takes you to the Computer music form, where you can request an emailed serial number from CM.

So, subscribers only!!! :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Have they done this with all the past issues now I wonder? For the "Specials"

I haven't checked them, but I'm fairly certain they will for any "specials" that are still active. Feel free to explore! ;)

But you may have noticed that these "specials" are typically time-limited and eventually expire with no more serials handed out, even though you can often still access the serial request form. I tried a couple of Kilohearts plugins from a couple of years ago, and they were dead ends. So CM probably doesn't have to go back very far in the catalog to stop "cheaters".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...