$300 🎹 UVI Key Suite Bundle Edition for new Model D owners, valid for a month

daveiv

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Hmmmm...

Spectrasonics Keyscape lists for $399, but is available at several online sellers for $379. Would UVI Key Suite be a better deal at $349 $300???

It depends what you are after. I've been thinking about both of these lately. There is more in Key Suite but what's in Keyscape is widely regarded as being of higher quality eg mix ready, more velocity layers. But as a case in point it only has one grand piano, the Yamaha C7. So if you want one of all the major grand pianos, just getting Keyscape isn't going to scratch that itch. But you will have a high quality grand piano. And the MKS 20, the JD 800 Crystal Rhodes, a Wurly 140B (mellow tone like that new 145B Kontakt library) as well as the 200A etc... A pretty impressive collection all told. 

I'll probably get both, eventually. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Craig N said:

It depends what you are after. I've been thinking about both of these lately. There is more in Key Suite but what's in Keyscape is widely regarded as being of higher quality eg mix ready, more velocity layers. But as a case in point it only has one grand piano, the Yamaha C7. So if you want one of all the major grand pianos, just getting Keyscape isn't going to scratch that itch. But you will have a high quality grand piano. And the MKS 20, the JD 800 Crystal Rhodes, a Wurly 140B (mellow tone like that new 145B Kontakt library) as well as the 200A etc... A pretty impressive collection all told. 

I'll probably get both, eventually. 

How does Bösendorfer 280VC compare to Yamaha C7 in real life?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, daveiv said:

How does Bösendorfer 280VC compare to Yamaha C7 in real life?

I know one way in which they're similar. I haven't heard either of them in real life 🙂 At $260k for the 280VC I'm pretty sure they're never going to go on sale to the point that it's within my budget. Might have to content myself with how they compare in all their sampled glory.