PA Ends Pick Pack

cclarry

Today we have discontinued our PickPack Rent-To-Own model!
Let me give you the Good News for all ACTIVE PickPackers first:

If your PickPack plan was cancelled by us today - and we have cancelled ALL active plans a few minutes ago - you now OWN all 10 plugins you originally selected in your Pick Pack. Full and unlimited licenses. This one is on us!

No further payments will be deducted from your credit card or PayPal, even if you have just started PickPack recently. Whatever the remaining balance for your PickPack plan would have been, this is our gift to you.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/pick-pack.html

Here is the e-mail that was sent out:

Today we have discontinued our PickPack Rent-To-Own model!
Let me give you the Good News for all ACTIVE PickPackers first:

If your PickPack plan was cancelled by us today - and we have cancelled ALL active plans a few minutes ago - you now OWN all 10 plugins you originally selected in your Pick Pack. Full and unlimited licenses. This one is on us!

No further payments will be deducted from your credit card or PayPal, even if you have just started PickPack recently. Whatever the remaining balance for your PickPack plan would have been, this is our gift to you.

Please note:
If YOU have cancelled your Pick Pack in the past (or stopped paying, which is technically the same), you will unfortunately NOT get your 10 plugins as full licenses. We hope you understand.

Now, why did we stop PickPacking?

Something bigger, more flexible and ultimately better is coming July 15th! A few days ago we have already started to improve the Dynamic Discounts for those of you who love to simply buy plugins, and we have lowered many plugin prices recently as well. So buying plugins will be more affordable in between promotions from now on. Buy 6 plugins, get 60% off any day of the week, for example. 

Then - and this will be the main news next week! - we are about to launch a totally new system, which will enable each and everyone of you out there to use large numbers of our titles at really affordable pricing!

We are sure you have seen some of the NEW plugins we are releasing July 15th. Lots of new brands, and a total of 14 new plugins to be released in July and August.

We have seen many of you commenting on social media, worrying about how you will be able to access all of these plugins without breaking the bank. Don't worry, we've got you. 

We will present you with the Deal Of Your Lifetime next week!

Over time, our portfolio has grown to 100+ plugins from 28 brands, and we are determined to make ALL of them available to as many people as possible, and as fair and affordable as possible, of course.

Please stay tuned!
Dirk & The PA Team

So the regret is not buying their subscription because they decided to end it and gave the subscribers their licenses with no additional payments.  Who would ever buy a sub thinking long term like that?  How many developers would do this?   

6 hours ago, chris.r said:

I smell a subscription plan is coming!

I'm sure it'll be a subscription since Dirk wrote "we are about to launch a totally new system, which will enable each and everyone of you out there to USE large numbers of our titles at really affordable pricing!".

Note that he did not wrote "...to BUY a large number of our titles..."

I'm sad because I was also planning to get a pick pack as soon the new releases where all announced. I'm also sure that I'll NEVER pay for any software subscription, unless I can keep the software after some time.

I guess I'll have to live with what I already have and, maybe, buy some new PA plugs if the coupom/promo sales are kept and the bargain prices still come from time to time.

31 minutes ago, Grem said:

That purp[le plugin has to be really good. I mean, look how many comps PA has already released. And they are going to release another comp? Another 1176 comp!!?

Meh, I already got bored with it. We need something fresh every day!

:D 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I'm sad because I was also planning to get a pick pack as soon the new releases where all announced.

And you are just late by few days ;).

I think, if they offer a rent-to-own type subscription with ability to select only the plugins you're interested in, and the price will be calculated based on the amount of plugins AND resonable (see Slatedigital) then why not, could be an option for some of us... Or maybe I just used too many favorable factors in one equation.

And EDIT: personally I absolutely hate the subscription idea, just cannot deny it could be made affordable.

Edited by chris.r