Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 Plugin

cclarry

3 hours ago, Mesh said:

Looks like its time for the annual $29 Undershreddies BOGO....Believe the Hype!!

Please note that all licenses are NFR.

Is it that time of year again already? Mesh backing the '78 Gremlin into his space at the Flea Market and selling used ,excuse me, "gently used" undershreddies. These are, indeed, exciting times!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

Is it that time of year again already? Mesh backing the '78 Gremlin into his space at the Flea Market and selling used ,excuse me, "gently used" undershreddies. These are, indeed, exciting times!

....and someone said to 'Get a Job' :o

Fond memories on the 1st BOGO in 76......the person that owned the yellow Charger(?) was soo happy with the product, bought all the inventory in the wooden chest...YMMV

WoolwichMaine1976_1000.jpg

• Haha 2

I do think that the only benefit is the crosstalk thingy but to tell the truth i own a spl 2 control with this option and never use it ...as sonarworks user , like the first release , i ll skip ...

we re trying since decade to elimiante the room from the equation , to now try to recreate it ?

there s a problematic to this ..., i someone wants the abbeyroad room and then correct the curves with heapdone profiles ... he will not get that room , even with all the trick correction allows ...

Edited by Zo

13 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Since I already have the other Abbey Road plugins, I can get this from Waves for $69. Koby can get it to me for $68.99. Probably not worth his effort or mine.

You forgot about the code at checkout. Its on one of the first few posts herein.

13 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Since I already have the other Abbey Road plugins, I can get this from Waves for $69. Koby can get it to me for $68.99. Probably not worth his effort or mine.

You forgot about the code at checkout. Its on one of the first few posts herein.

Yeah... Lots of good/bad issues.

I bought it (abbey road) last night... i wish it had more headphone models to select from as it would give me more confidence. I love what it does to my Sony mdr-v6 using the 7506 profile, but as I've never had a pair of ath-m50's I'm concerned how it relates to my ath-m40's? I've got a $10k monitor system sitting in storage that I can't use here.

After losing my home and studio it became a battle to work. My new apartment doesn't alliw me much speaker use so I am somewhat forced to mix in cans. I've been an engineer for so many decades and situations that I'm managing decent mixes anyway. Even if it only makes things sound "better" I will adjust and still get reasonable mixes, so it's good for me either way.

My biggest problem is placing it in the chain as currently I must remember to disable it prior to exporting a mix. I monitor the mix bus. So far I have not concieved a way to have it in my monitor chain, but not the mix chain but I hope to fing some bussing method to get around this.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keni said:

Yeah... Lots of good/bad issues.

I bought it (abbey road) last night... i wish it had more headphone models to select from as it would give me more confidence. I love what it does to my Sony mdr-v6 using the 7506 profile, but as I've never had a pair of ath-m50's I'm concerned how it relates to my ath-m40's? I've got a $10k monitor system sitting in storage that I can't use here.

After losing my home and studio it became a battle to work. My new apartment doesn't alliw me much speaker use so I am somewhat forced to mix in cans. I've been an engineer for so many decades and situations that I'm managing decent mixes anyway. Even if it only makes things sound "better" I will adjust and still get reasonable mixes, so it's good for me either way.

My biggest problem is placing it in the chain as currently I must remember to disable it prior to exporting a mix. I monitor the mix bus. So far I have not concieved a way to have it in my monitor chain, but not the mix chain but I hope to fing some bussing method to get around this.

Any ideas?

On the 1818VSL, you should be able to route outputs 3&4 to headphones rather than the usual 1&2.

Create a new Headphone bus set to output to 3&4.

Put AR Studio 3 on the Headphone bus.

Then create a stereo send from your master bus to the headphone bus.

You'll hear the master bus + AR Studio 3 through headphones, but mixing down your master won't include the Headphone bus which has the AR Studio 3 on it.

Edited by msmcleod

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

On the 1818VSL, you should be able to route outputs 3&4 to headphones rather than the usual 1&2.

Create a new Headphone bus set to output to 3&4.

Put AR Studio 3 on the Headphone bus.

Then create a stereo send from your master bus to the headphone bus.

You'll hear the master bus + AR Studio 3 through headphones, but mixing down your master won't include the Headphone bus which has the AR Studio 3 on it.

Thanks Mark...

I was thinking of something along that line. Then I need to remember or set a default so that the export excludes all but is the main's bus yes?  

Follow-up...

Yes! That was easy. In the VSL mixer, I had to turn down the headphone sends (7/8) from main outs (1/2), and raise daw outputs 3/4 headphone sends.

Then in CbB, create a send from mains and set it pre-fader so it is not affected if that bus is muted (probably unimportant) and add the Abbey Road plugin to the new bus for outputs 3/4 and finally routing the bus 3/4 output to the audiobox's headphone amp outs (7/8).

I just exported a mix and de-selected the bus 3/4 from my options.  But now I must change the main out headphone settngs to hear any playback outside the daw such as media player.

So it seems to make this seamless, I do need to discover another way outside and after CbB of running The Abbey Road plugin seamlessly....

...always something?

🙏👽🎸🎶

Trying new addition. This seems good. Testing the expirt now.

So far the only downside is when not using "entire mix" during export, the filename of the export gets the bus name appended.

Last issue resolved by setting the master bus output to 3/4 and using export settings selecting only bus 3/4.

This way I can leave the headphone sends for mains (1/2) up in the vsl mixer and off on 3/4.

When added to the settings mentioned previously, this allows DAW monitoring through the Abbey Road plugin as well as out if DAW (i.e. media player) to work in the cans without the plugin and not require any manual switching.

This will work for now with some adjustments to my templates, but it would be nice to have the out of DAW playback to be through the plugin sometimes too.... Maybe down the road?

Keni , this is what i do 

i have sr for hp and monitors 

all busses come to a master bus 

master bus out to a monitor bus with an instance of sr monitors switched 

master bus send to a hp bus : sr inserted in ho position

when i bounce,  i bounce the master witch has nonne of those , but alll my other plugins ...now 

rme analog 1/2 is my monitors and 3/4 is hp so bus hp goes rme 3/4 and bus monitor goes rme 1/2 

hope it s clear lol