Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 Plugin

cclarry

It was my understanding that new AR plugins could be added to the AR Collection at a (small) discount by using the upgrade option on the Waves site.  But that only works if the plugin is part of the collection (which this isn't, at least not yet).  WUP on the AR Collection is worthless in that it won't get you any more plugins, but owning the AR plugins can get you a discount upgrading to the collection.

In this case the email I got from Waves gave me a coupon code for a discount ($69) because I own NX, it didn't mention AR at all.

I think I'm going to pass on this one though.  I don't have the NX hardware and don't really see the need to feel like I'm sitting in AR Studio 3.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Curious Bryan said:

Coming up next from Waves: Abbey Road Bathroom Hall. We have sampled the iconic sound of Abbey Road, with IR directly from the sink and the toilet for a unique reverberation effect found nowhere else.

And there will be a new and improved "Smell-O-Vision"  : )

Also comes with a variety of 'natural' sound effects with an advanced feature to turn these sound effects into IR's so that you can use them with your own sounds to get that authentic AR Bathroom sound in your own home!!

• Haha 2

Downloaded the demo. It seems to have no other functionality than Waves Nx which I currently use to mix on headphones.

with my DT 990 headphones and headphone EQ on, the two plugins behave the same but the AR plug-in obviously has some sort of room EQ modelling to match the room at AR studios. AR sounds slightly nicer on my headphones to mix with, but I am not going to spend $69 as an AR bundle owner for slightly nicer. If it came up as $29 one day I might be tempted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teclark7 said:

Downloaded the demo. It seems to have no other functionality than Waves Nx which I currently use to mix on headphones.

with my DT 990 headphones and headphone EQ on, the two plugins behave the same but the AR plug-in obviously has some sort of room EQ modelling to match the room at AR studios. AR sounds slightly nicer on my headphones to mix with, but I am not going to spend $69 as an AR bundle owner for slightly nicer. If it came up as $29 one day I might be tempted.

I should add, the interface is nicer to use on AR than Waves Nx. If I didn’t have Waves Nx, I might be tempted to buy this plugin if I was looking for something to help with mixing on headphones.

• Like 1

As best I can tell, this could replace Sonarworks Headphone Edition. Or, you can choose to NOT use it's headphone EQ curve (select none) and use Sonarworks' version. The advantage of the latter is that Sonarworks allows you to use the headphone EQ outside the DAW. I don't think the Waves Studio 3 plugin will do that. I think, but not sure, it only works in a DAW. However, it will provide the crosstalk and 3D environment missing in normal headphone mixes, so can still be quite useful.

Interesting. I just tried the demo quickly.

Sadly it has very minimal headphone selections, so I have no idea how accurate it is, but I must say that with headphone selection off, and far speaker selected, it made my ath-m40 sound much better. Tomorrow I'll try with my Sony mdr v6.

12 hours ago, Bapu said:

Speaking of the CHB communal 45x45 pixel undershreddies…...

10 hours ago, Fleer said:

Mesh!

Looks like its time for the annual $29 Undershreddies BOGO....Believe the Hype!!

Please note that all licenses are NFR.

Edited by Mesh
  • Haha 3