Scaler by PluginBoutique update problems

Skelm

Hi,

I bought Scaler by PluginBoutique, which is a nice chord progression assistance plugin. After upgrading to the newest version, 1.8, all projects containing the plugin report the plugin as missing. It is possible to re-insert the plugin, but all settings are obviously lost, as Cakewalk sees the updated version as a new plugin. I have been back and forth with Scaler support about this, and they can reproduce the problem, but they insist it is an issue with Cakewalk, and not Scaler. I have never had an issue like this with Cakewalk before, but I cannot say for sure where the problem lies. If anyone knows a workaround, or can say definitively the issue is with Scaler or Cakewalk, that would be great. As it stands now, I either upgrade Scaler and deal with dozens of broken projects, or I stay on the old version and don't get the new features.

Here is the thread on the Scaler forum for anyone who has a similar issue - it doesn't look promising for Cakewalk users.

https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/updates-break-existing-projects-with-scaler/1121/25

Regards,

Terry

Hi!

The workaround I use is back up the chord sets and save to an outside file.  Then, when you install the update you can load them into the new version.  If you have MIDI written on the old (broken) Scaler, you can create a MIDI track and move your MIDI temporarily from the old Scaler version to the MIDI track.  Then update to the new Scaler version and move your MIDI from the (temporary) MIDI track onto the new Scaler. I know it's a bit of a PITA.  Hopefully they will resolve the problem soon.

🙂John B

Edited by Johnbee58