Rigid Audio 24hr Flash Sale - Padstation

cclarry

Just so folks are aware, Rigid Audio's regular prices are ridiculously inflated. Much like Waves, their list prices don't reflect reality (that is, they constantly have 90% off sales, so list prices are not reality-based). PadStation 1 and 2 have gone on sale  as a bundle on numerous occasions for $6 USD, so $3.49 is pretty much like Waves having a "sale" for plugins at $29 USD. In the US, where Waves operates, there are regulations that forbid companies to  claim a product is on sale for a significant portion of a year (Waves goes far beyond that period); I think Rigid Audio is out of Germany where their regulations are even more strict, but I don’t recall for certain of they're outside the rules or not, offhand, but they're definitely iffy/borderline.  Personally, I've bought several of Rigid Audio libraries and find most of them to be meh. Of course, that's entirely  subjective.  Listen to the patch demos to decide if it's to your liking.  The libraries  -- on sale --are cheap; commonly around $5 USD each. Their greatest cost is hard drive space.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
Grammatical edits.

35 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Just so folks are aware, Rigid Audio's regular prices are ridiculously inflated. Much like Waves, their list prices don't reflect reality. PadStation 1 and 2 has gone on sale  as a bundle on numerous occasions for $6 USD, so $3.49 is pretty much like Waves having a "sale" for plugins at $29 USD. In the US, where Waves operates, there are regulations that forbid companies to  claim a product is on sale for a significant portion of a year (Waves is far beyond that period); I think Rigid Audio is out of Germany where their regulations are even more strict. Personally, I've bought several of Rigid Audio libraries and find them to be meh.  Their greatest cost is hard drive space.  

Here I am disagreeing with you again, lol.

Not meh to me, and they can price their stuff as they want. (because they are not located in the US, the world should be a free market, and the law is for the man, not the other way around).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Last Call said:

Here I am disagreeing with you again, lol.

Not meh to me, and they can price their stuff as they want. (because they are not located in the US, the world should be a free market, and the law is for the man, not the other way around).

I'm a business person and have managed strategy and business globally for decades and written about how to do so; I'm not here spewing politics like yourself.  The regulations I referenced are designed to protect consumers from deceptive promotional practices and to give deceived consumers a bit of leverage against deceptive business practices. You may say that it's no big deal for companies to create inflated fake retail prices no one really purchases items at and then claim enormous discounts that cause unsuspecting buyers to act quickly to purchase with the mistaken belief that they're getting a tremendous bargain. I agree that there are much greater deceptions in the business world, but it's still a deceptive practice. Personally, in my experience as a director at large brands, ethical brands don't have a problem with the regulations I cited. Ethical brands don't engage in those practices and those in management at ethical brands are also consumers themselves and often have appreciation for the regulations -- which are really just written for those that don't operate ethically -- it's not something you're likely to do when you're managing a brand worth billions or a sub-brand worth hundreds of millions.   

US regulations are  actually a lot more lax than many other countries,  like Germany. These regulations do not interfere with free markets; you're clearly misunderstanding something if you think this is an intrusion on the free market,  unless you oppose any regulations against deceptive practices or laws and support anarchy. But again, you're making a political post and that's against policy. I was merely stating facts how regulations that apply to the two companies not stating political views. Let's follow the forum policy.  I'm not interested in discussing politics with you (or anyone  else on the forum); I'm here for music related deals and music related discussions 

Edited by PavlovsCat

4 hours ago, Last Call said:

Of course not, but you are looking too much into it.\

Honest to god, do you really think they are deceiving anyone?

I wrote about Waves practices. You have posted in the past making hyper offensive joke about AIDS and argued and harassed Simon after that and I tried to calm you  in a series of PMs and you eventually posted an apology to Simon and took down your offensive AIDS joke. Now you're attempting to turn this into a political conversation and I don't want that.  Please stop. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

4 hours ago, Last Call said:

If I did, you started it, read your first post again.

I referenced an FTC regulation in the US and marketing regulations in Germany, not my political views. My expertise is in marketing and strategy. I've spoken around the world on the topics, written on them. You can find Interpol quotes me in their documents. Yes, maybe it's geeky for me to point this out, the bottom line is simply, I hope that my fellow forum members realize that you can usually find this library selling for this same price or less as part or less as part of a bundle and not its list price. That is, that the list price, like Waves list prices, are not really what folks are paying. But I was not giving a political opinion like you, just mentioning the related regulations. Once more: Please stop. I will not reply to you further. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Reported for violating forum policy. I would recommend others report him and his prior AIDS joke. This individual has a long history of making trolling and harassing posts against others. I recently calmed him down (exchanged a series of PMs to persuade him to stop being so offensive after he made a joke about AIDS and started harassing Simon on the forum). But I didn't report what Last Call was doing, because I thought I could persuade him to behave himself and it worked, although his behavior was still in the realm of offensive and beyond acceptable behavior. 

This time he's  targeting me and I've reported him and recommend that others do the same. It's perfectly fine to disagree,  but personal/character attacks and insults are never justified and when a person asks someone to stop following  them and making posts directed at them to stop and they don't,  it is universally considered harassment. 

Let's keep this forum civil and report this individual.  

Screenshot_20221030-191937_Chrome.jpg

Edited by PavlovsCat