Feature Request: auto arm when track(s) selected

c0d3r

I know there have been similar requests before, but I'm asking anyway. Is it possible to add a function so that tracks can be armed when selected? FL Studio/Cubase/Soundbridge and Reaper have this option. A right click on a track: auto arm when selected and the red record button on the track gets a nice A. This is how Reaper works. At the moment I have a workaround using Autohotkey, but that's not a solution.So i can switch between the tracks from top to bottom while recording. Sure, I could use another DAW, but I really like Cakewalk. (not just because it's free) I hope this feature can be implemented in an early access version. Many Thanks

Welcome to Cakewalk. 

How would you disable the auto-track-arm feature when you are past the recording stage of a project?

How would you like the auto-track-arm feature to work if you are still recording (overdubs and punch-ins for example) but are also setting up mixes?

• Like 1

Hello,

well take a look at the screenshot.
It should be just optional if the want to use it just for switching on the fly. (track by track, not the complete project)

Only if the track is mark as "autoarmed", than it should possible.
I hope i understand you correctly.

autoarm.png

• Thanks 1