NEW RELEASE: Ample Bass Jaco Fretless

Jason Morin

🤩🤩🤩

Here it is everybody! The sweet and sexy sound of the Fender Custom Shop Jaco Pastorius Relic Fretless Jazz Bass straight to your studio: https://www.amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=32

It’s a long name 😀   so lets just call it Ample Bass Jaco Fretless. A tribute to the master now in a Virtual Instrument format from www.amplesound.net

Until  August 10th ABJF will be 25% off (89$) : https://www.amplesound.net/en/purchase.asp

cyclejf1.jpg

System Requirements:

-Windows: Windows 7/8/10, 64-bit only (32-bit not supported).
-Mac: From 10.9 to 10.14.
-VST2, VST3, AU, AAX and Standalone host.
-8GB Hard Disk, Intel i5 or higher.

Sampling:

-Size: 2.2 GB
-DFD(Direct from disk)
-Rich Fingering Noise
-Sustain, Palm Mute, Natural Harmonic, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Slap, Pop, Artificial Harmonic, Accentuated, Repeat Note, Dead Note 12 articulations, Legato at random length & pitch & poly.

AMP system:

-Built-in AMP system, including three classic AMP models: Vintage-15, Bass-500, Bass-Pro.
-Four cabinets: 1x15, 2x10, 4x10, 8x10
-Each Cabinet has 4 mic options: U87, C414, MD421 and SM57.
-Room Mics.

abjf05.jpg

FX:

-High order 8-band EQ
-2-Line Compressor, real-time visualization of input and output signal, two detection modes RMS & Peak, support of soft knee, auto release and auto makeup.
-6-Tap Echo, real-time visualization of the processing of stereo signal, can tweak the parameters of 6 echo points individually: feedback, pan, volume etc.
-IR Reverb, providing four types of IR: Room, Studio, Hall, and Larger Hall. 3D visualization of IR spectrum.

abjf09.jpg

Riffer 2:

-String Roll Editor
-Dice - Random Riff Generator
-Multiple Formats Conversion

abjf02.jpg

Tab Player:

-The Tab Player can load and play several prevalent guitar\bass tablature file formats. Users can load, display and playback any specific track inside a tablature file. When used in DAWs, the Tab Player also allows users to export the tablature as an audio file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZnQ3m8ZiRQ

HAVE FUN MAKING MUSIC!!!!!

Edited by Jason Morin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Have access to the real thing this is modeled/sampled.  Demo sounds pretty good for those that don't have the access or need the editing functions that Midi can provide.

For the demo songs, oddly enough the bass is a little low in the mix, IMO.  

They definitely wanted to beat the OTS Jaco update.   As per Greg at OTS:

At the moment I have both Evolution Jaco (Iconic Bass Jaco) and Evolution Rick Bass working in the Evolution bass engine, but there's still more work to do, specifically with adding the fretless capabilities for the Jaco bass, which will also pave the way for updating CoreBass Pear. My current plan with Cherry Electric Bass is to resample the original bass for separate strings and individual pickup signals so that it's on the same page with what we're doing with the current Evolution basses.

Right now I'm trying to finish a
couple other libraries we're working on right now before working more on those updates, though. We have one really large project in particular that I need to finish before trying to work on more things at the same time. It's been in development since 2015 and has around 80,000 samples...

So the new OTS Jaco is going to be great.  The Ample one is here today, but the OTS may be in next year's Group Buy.

3 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

They definitely wanted to beat the OTS Jaco update.   As per Greg at OTS:

At the moment I have both Evolution Jaco (Iconic Bass Jaco) and Evolution Rick Bass working in the Evolution bass engine, but there's still more work to do, specifically with adding the fretless capabilities for the Jaco bass, which will also pave the way for updating CoreBass Pear. My current plan with Cherry Electric Bass is to resample the original bass for separate strings and individual pickup signals so that it's on the same page with what we're doing with the current Evolution basses.

Right now I'm trying to finish a
couple other libraries we're working on right now before working more on those updates, though. We have one really large project in particular that I need to finish before trying to work on more things at the same time. It's been in development since 2015 and has around 80,000 samples...

So the new OTS Jaco is going to be great.  The Ample one is here today, but the OTS may be in next year's Group Buy.

Good to know, thanks.

Hello,

GIVEAWAY ALERT! In collaboration with Mike from CreativeSauce  We are giving away 3 licenses of our latest Virtual Instrument: Ample Bass Jaco Fretless. Want to know more, watch Mike's Video 🥰 - AND do yourself a favour and subscribe to his youtube channel!

:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Jason Morin said:

For those who misses the piano GUI, a new skin is going to be available VERY SOON:

Many thanks !  It is excellent news :D  

While I am not keyboard player it is zylion times easier for my use old fashion keyboard than 'modern approach to keyboard' :)

Is anyone else finding the keyswitches a bit erratic. I am trying to program slides on some notes.  I can sometimes get it to work, but other times when I playback exactly the same MIDI the slides do not trigger. 

I think a long hard read of the instructions may be needed to get my head around how keyswitches work and how they are affected by velocity but I cant see why playing the same data gets differing results.

• 2 weeks later...