How can i make vocal chops on cakewalk?

S0y_AAA

Question

2 answers to this question

On 10/28/2022 at 4:14 PM, S0y_AAA said:

im really want to know how to do this but i cant find any information on the cakewalk help guide so i entered here to search for help

I had no idea that "Vocal Chops" was "a thing."  So I googled it.  Surprise!!!  There seem to be a number of videos on how to Vocal Chop of different length.  From the handful of videos I watched, the methods are common to many different DAWs.

That being said, from the videos I have seen, vocal chopping relies heavily on  sampling techniques and a FX processing.  Other DAWs might be bundled with tools that are commonly used with vocal shops.  Cakewalk does not come with a sampler, though a number of users have mentioned it as a feature request.  You can of course use third party plug-ins in Cakewalk.

1 hour ago, reginaldStjohn said:

What is a Vocal Chop?

@reginaldStjohnI wrote the above yesterday and was going to add more.  If you google "Vocal Chops" you should see (1) its "a thing" [as in people are doing something they call vocal chop / vocal chopping] and (2) the videos seem to indicate a reasonably well-defined range of tasks / effects that make it identifiable as "a thing."  A few minutes watching sections of about 3-4 videos should give you a solid idea.