Ronnie and The Cyclones - Rights of Man

jerrydf

OK, music lovers - look the other way for a few minutes.

For the rest of you, here's my virtual band Ronnie and The Cyclones with two cute traditional tunes, Rights of Man and Berendans.

There's a history of the tunes in the video.

Good luck.

• Like 4

Well I'm a music lover of Scottish and Irish music and anyone dong Irish covers I want to hear it!  Covers on guitar are rare so this is a real treat.   Takes top skill to play these melodic tunes.  Melody is the main driver no matter the instrument.  The second tune is particularly busy and must be a challenge to anyone, whatever the instrument. There are probably 100's if not 1000's of obscure pup tunes that deserve to be played.   Thx for adding the history notes.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 3:01 PM, DeeringAmps said:

👍's

t

at the very end did I hear you quote a little riff from Them's version of Baby Please Don't Go?
The pull off, then slide down...

Yes, probably subconsciously at first, but then I realised. The Grease Band also used the riff.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2022 at 8:53 PM, MichaelJohn said:

Well I'm a music lover of Scottish and Irish music and anyone dong Irish covers I want to hear it!  Covers on guitar are rare so this is a real treat.   Takes top skill to play these melodic tunes.  Melody is the main driver no matter the instrument.  The second tune is particularly busy and must be a challenge to anyone, whatever the instrument. There are probably 100's if not 1000's of obscure pup tunes that deserve to be played.   Thx for adding the history notes.   

It's great to see your enthusiasm for Irish and Scottish music! Irish covers on guitar are a rare treat, showcasing top skill. Melody is key, and it's impressive to tackle such intricate tunes. There are countless obscure pub tunes waiting to be played, each with its own rich history. Thanks for sharing your passion!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Old Joad said:

Awesome, not to offend you because I mean it as praise, But the spirit of the songs makes me think of Dexys Midnight Runners.💰

I left my comments on your YOUTUBE channel.

Indeed, I listened to this three times in a row.

• 3 weeks later...