Way too Many "off topic" treads in the "Cakewalk by Bandlab" Forum

Brian Walton

The amount of threads not related to "Discussion focused on all things related to Cakewalk by BandLab software, the DAW formerly known as SONAR Platinum" are getting out of hand.

I've even posted within a few of them, but wondder at what point I should be posting the "this is the wrong forum" instead of providing advise and direction.   

• Like 1

The issue with misplaced posts goes back decades, and is largely the result of people who think about it realizing that not all forums are equally well attended. One can ask a well placed question or place a comment in the correct forum and watch the vast majority of potentially interested visitors completely miss it because they do not routinely visit the more focused forums. Maybe the best we can hope for is that someone with a less than burning question will post it first to the forum it best fits, and only link to it from one of the well traveled forums when it is obvious that it has died in its proper environment. Short of that we could encourage draconian moderation with all of the disgruntlement that entails. I personally do not find the traffic here so massive that I have to spend an undue amount of time ignoring the posts that I do not find interesting. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

The amount of threads not related to "Discussion focused on all things related to Cakewalk by BandLab software, the DAW formerly known as SONAR Platinum" are getting out of hand.

I've even posted within a few of them, but wondder at what point I should be posting the "this is the wrong forum" instead of providing advise and direction.   

Are u sure this is the correct forum for this?

😜

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I think this post belongs in the Feedback Loop forum. 😛

Not related to the product itself, so I think not

"Provide feedback on features, ideas and requests for future releases of Cakewalk by BandLab"

See that little emoticon at the end of my sentence? That means it was a joke. Get it? You posted about the wrong forums being used and I said your post was in the wrong forum. That's funny.

• Haha 1

I think it was a feature of the old sonar forums that has migrated over here. I'm on most DAW forums but the old sonar forum takes the cake for off topic posts put on threads, sometimes little irrelevant comments just to get someones post count up. I suppose some of it's funny but not when you search for an answer to a cakewalk/sonar problem and then end up at the old forum and have to sort through all the rubbish to find the good bits.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Using Google.com, search like this (yes include quotes): "search topic" site:forum.cakewalk.com

Yep abacab I have used that technique to search other forums as well. Pianoworld  being a good example.

• Like 1

I believe there is an "upstairs" to this place.  THAT is where things should be both helpful and on topic.  Expecting things to conform in the Coffee House is like expecting guests at a picnic to only talk about one topic - not going to happen!  Nor should it.  I work 90+ hours a week between a start-up and the older company that still pays the bills.  This place accounts for the vast majority of my socializing for the entire week (sad, isn't it?).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, craigb said:

I believe there is an "upstairs" to this place.  THAT is where things should be both helpful and on topic.  Expecting things to conform in the Coffee House is like expecting guests at a picnic to only talk about one topic - not going to happen!  Nor should it.  I work 90+ hours a week between a start-up and the older company that still pays the bills.  This place accounts for the vast majority of my socializing for the entire week (sad, isn't it?).

I agree 100% craigb.  I'm here for the fun. I'm working a lot of hours too  and I leave this tab open to have  some conversation.  Since the DAW is at home , I can't answer specific questions on CbB off the top of my head.   Plus even after all these years I still consider myself a novice on using the software.

So my take on this.
If you come  down here to the coffeehouse please come here with a relaxed attitude. Almost all of us down here are just socializing  and having a little fun with each other😀

• Great Idea 1

VERSE 1

Am                           Dm

Come down to the coffee house

Am                             G                   Bb

Not number one but num-ber two

You'll never leave  the coffee house

Em                Dm                      F           (Am)

You'll see some birds maybe a cockatoo

Edited by SteveStrummerUK
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

VERSE 1

All those (Am) chords!   Trying to pitch the song to Bapu 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

VERSE 1

VERSE 2

Am                           Dm

Come down to the coffee house

Am                             G                   Bb

Was once more fun, we lost a few

Am                           Dm

If you never leave the coffee house

Em                Dm                      F                          (Am)
You'll read some words maybe from our Bapu

Edited by S.L.I.P.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

CHORUS 

(Am)     A7     A                             D7                                  A                A7

......................     Oh the Coffee House, it's always op-en

D7                                         E7

Just like one,  of those sleazy bars

D7                                Dm

Where I love, to chat with some birds

E7                                    A  ..............

And where I like, to sink a few jars

• Like 1