🔥 How Many Plugins Do You Presently Have Installed on Your Computer?

PavlovsCat

How many total plugins (effects and instruments) do you presently have installed?   

93 members have voted

1. 1. How many total plugins (effects and instruments) do you presently have installed?

• I have less than 100 plugins installed
    • I have 100 - 199 plugins installed
    • I have 200 - 299 plugins installed
    • I have 300 - 399 plugins installed
    • I have 400 - 499 plugins installed
    • I have 500 - 699 plugins installed
    • I have 700 - 999 plugins installed
    • I have more than 1,000 plugins installed

13 minutes ago, craigb said:

Is this the "trolling for Bapus" topic? 😆

Candidly, it's completely the result of my almost making a post in Fleer's thread about a delay to ask Fleer and others how many plugins they think are

(1) a  reasonable number of plugins

(2)  an abnormally large, ridiculous  number of plugins

(3) an excessive -- bats@#* crazy --number of plugins, beyond reason

I just wanted to see, relative to my fellow plugin hoarders, if I am in group number 1, 2 or 3. I suspect I am in group number 2. I suspect that Larry and Bapu, and possibly Fleer may be in group number 3. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

15 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Candidly, it's completely the result of my almost making a post in Fleer's thread about a delay to ask Fleer and others how many plugins they think are

(1) a  reasonable number of plugins

(2)  an abnormally large, ridiculous  number of plugins

(3) an excessive -- bats@#* crazy --number of plugins, beyond reason

I just wanted to see, relative to my fellow plugin hoarders, if I am in group number 1, 2 or 3. I suspect I am in group number 2. I suspect that Larry and Bapu, and possibly Fleer may be in group number 3. 

LMAO!  No, no...  Larry and Fleer might be in group number 3, but Bapu is probably in group number 7!  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

I have no idea. Bitflipper posted an Excel spreadsheet years ago that would find and list every plugin but it doesn't work for me anymore. I'll say less than Bapu but more than I used to have.

Some DAWS give you a count and/or count the plugins when scanning plugin folders. 

• Thanks 1

CbB reports exactly 5K, but Studio One reports 3196K. I forget what Reaper and the other DAWs report.

Both count the 59 UAD plugs that I don't own, 26 of which I own other vendors native versions (Softube, Plugin Alliance, Audified and IKM).

1 minute ago, mettelus said:

Many force you to install VST2 and VST3 versions as well, so I have "dupes" from that. 

That's a great point.

I'm on my phone now, Cakewalk showed I have 670-something plugins, which is definitely a lot more individual plugins than I've purchased or installed,  so I'm confident that many are VST2 dupes of VST3 effects and instruments that installers forced on my machine.

After adjusting for that, I would be in the only mildly insane 400 something plugin range.