Cakewalk Crashing Advice

eric.birchall

Question

New Years resolution to do more music!! After reading SOS I decided to go from SPLAT to Cakewalk. Unfortunately my set up is not identical , so any pointers to my 3 crashes a day so far this year would help me solve my problems.

My Music computer is not connected to the internet (except to do upgrades)

My Version is 2018.09 Build 29 64bit.

I have 2 Roland Ocatacaptures (moved from one)  Latest Drivers

I started by imputing midi from my Korg Kross , corrected the notes etc until I was happy. I pointed the output to my Korg M3 (Both via USB) . Then Vocals and Guitar are added.

The crashes make the whole screen grey , you can see through it , but the Now time line is very black. I don't seem to get any error message. After restart of the computer I picked up the auto save file and continued , but both keyboards have to re connected in the Preference screen. I often get notes left ringing.

I also had a strange experience recording audio , where the play started jumping forward in leaps . It played back the same with audio already recorded , so I restarted.

I never seemed to have these problems before so I don't quite know where to start .

Ric. 

Edited by eric.birchall

3 answers to this question

My guess is the first thing support would suggest is update CbB. The latest version is 2018-11 build 31. They would also ask which OS and if it is it up to date. May want to look in the Windows Event log for clues about what is failing. Does the problem happen when running one interface? Does the program generate a crash dump? The dumps would be in %appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\MiniDumps. For a hung process, there is likely no dump but one may be generated using ProcDump.

If it were my problem, I would consider providing this information (including a dump) to support@BandLab.com

39 minutes ago, scook said:

My guess is the first thing support would suggest is update CbB. The latest version is 2018-11 build 31. They would also ask which OS and if it is it up to date. May want to look in the Windows Event log for clues about what is failing. Does the problem happen when running one interface? Does the program generate a crash dump? The dumps would be in %appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\MiniDumps. For a hung process, there is likely no dump but one may be generated using procmon.

If it were my problem, I would consider providing this information (including a dump) to support@BandLab.com

I'll Try the Update first , Thanks Scook