IK Miroslav Philharmonik

daveiv

42 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

It’s a great priced library when it is on sale. Sounds pretty good too. 

I got it for $100. Not a bad deal, I guess.

Do you use anything else to complement or even replace the orchestral instruments in Miroslav?

I bought it in 2010 for about $10.00.   I've had various problems with it over the years.  The interface all of a sudden stopped working and I was forced to switch to the Sampletank, which has some kind of stupid remnant noise associated with it.  What finally put the kibosh on it for me was when I bought a new PC last year and IK Multimedia asked me to pay a $9.00 fee to allow me to re license it (and my ARC 2.5) or something like that.  I declined.  Session Strings Pro2  and UVI Orchestral Suite are much better anyway IMHO.

😀John B

Edited by Johnbee58

1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

What finally put the kabosh on it for me was when I bought a new PC last year and IK Multimedia asked me to pay a $9.00 fee to allow me to re license it (and my ARC 2.5) or something like that

This I can't see using the fee to reactivate your download sound section for 180 days.  Do I like the policy from IK, No!  But it is what it is.  Heck I rather pay the fee and get my 400GB of sounds if my back-up fails and it did.  So for $7.00 with using jam-points I was able to get my stuff.    Now I will agree that IK Miroslav-Philharmonik is not a top tier orch library but for my needs it isn't too bad. 

Peace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

I bought it in 2010 for about $10.00.   I've had various problems with it over the years.  The interface all of a sudden stopped working and I was forced to switch to the Sampletank, which has some kind of stupid remnant noise associated with it.  What finally put the kibosh on it for me was when I bought a new PC last year and IK Multimedia asked me to pay a $9.00 fee to allow me to re license it (and my ARC 2.5) or something like that.  I declined.  Session Strings Pro2  and UVI Orchestral Suite are much better anyway IMHO.

😀John B

How did you use up 10 licenses?

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 4:57 PM, InstrEd said:

Now I will agree that IK Miroslav-Philharmonik is not a top tier orch library but for my needs it isn't too bad. 

Miroslav is not top tier, but you don't really need to go top tier unless you are serious about scoring for film or video. And if anyone was that serious, they wouldn't be asking about Miroslav. 😉

I agree that for most average users that just want to dabble in orchestration or add orchestral layers to their projects, Miroslav should be fine. Things I like about it: Miroslav has some good solo instruments, where you sometimes just get sections at the entry level. And Miroslav also has some decent orchestral percussion.

IMO, the Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra is my favorite entry level orchestra. It's a great scratchpad and even has a full orchestra preset that lets you play all of the sections with both hands on the keyboard! Lots of fun! The Kontakt Player version was programmed by Tracy Collins of Indiginus, using curated samples from Sonic Scores, the developer of Overture.

By the way, you can now get the Spitfire BBC Symphonic Discovery Orchestra for free. That's a no-brainer for sure. It's a cut-down version of the BBCSO Core and BBCSO Pro versions without all of the articulations, round robins, extra mic positions, and some instruments. But it has the solid orchestral essentials!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

On 10/26/2022 at 10:09 PM, Byron Dickens said:

How did you use up 10 licenses?

I almost ran out of licenses trying to troubleshoot a hardware issue on my DAW PC.  Every time I swapped something out and/or restored my OS image, it needed reauthorising. 

The annoying thing was, that part of the repro for the BSOD I was getting was to use a particular project which was using ARC 2, and I had to actually use the PC for some time before it would BSOD.

IIRC IK will reset the license count for you if you ask them and give them a good enough reason.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 4:09 PM, InstrEd said:

Used it back in the day for some prayer service backing tracks LOL.  I wouldn't say we were rocking the place  😆

Miroslav Vitous Symphonic Orchestra sample CD-ROM set for your Roland?