Midi recording attached to powerpoint

Irene

Hi, My issue is the "audio fading" function in my powerpoint presentation with Bandlab recording. The fading does not work. I do a MIDI recording on my Yamaha digital piano and download to my laptop on Windows 10 Word powerpoint but no fading is possible. My previous Cakewalk recordings from my old digital piano didn't have that fading problem. What to do?

Have you tried rendering your MIDI file as an audio file? MIDI is simply note data, so a player is needed to make the sounds. Windows will do this, but "audio" effects need to be done to audio, and will not work on MIDI data. My hunch is that PowerPoint is simply handing all the data to the player. Alternatively, you could edit the MIDI file prior to using it with PowerPoint (depends how much editing you are doing in PowerPoint).

I think you may be right. I will try recording as audio as my old digital piano recorded that way. The only downside to that would be the size as my power point is already 216 mg. However, there are only two audio files that would require the fading so it might be OK. Anyway, thanks very much for your input. I will try to remember to let you know if it worked.