Which is the best rendering engine for Audiosnap?

PJH

I'm trying to bounce a piano clip which has had some slight timing tweaks done to it with Audiosnap.

I have to say that the results have been pretty underwhelming. I haven't used Audiosnap for a while and previously I've never been very impressed with Cakewalk's audio time stretching. There has always been artifacts on the final rendered audio.

I thought that by now things should have improved but unfortunately it seems like it's still the same.

I'd just like to know if there's anyone who has been successful using Audiosnap and if so, which rendering algorithm did you use?

Thanks.

• Like 1

First, make sure you export to judge the quality. There are two algorithm settings for AudioSnap: one while playing (called Online) that doesn't sound as good but is easier on the CPU and one for export (called Offline) that uses more CPU and sounds better.

As for the algos, as per some past post on the forum, I use Elastique Efficient for Online and Elastique Pro for Offline.

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Well, if you are trying to go by what Jacques suggests, render with Elastique Pro.

I did try Elastique Pro and the result was unusable. Audio artifacts everywhere.

I remember when Sonar closed down before Bandlab took over, I tried Samplitude Pro.

I couldn't warm to it but I have to say that the time stretching in Samplitude was excellent.  No artifacts, glitches etc. The funny thing is that it also used the Elastique algorithm.